Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking At Getting An iPhone 4s

• 04-03-2013 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Hey all I'm thinking of getting the 4s. I just wanted your opinions on how it handles. How is its smoothness when swiping, using a few apps at once, etc. As in do you experience much lag at all when running more than one or two apps at once?

I'm currently using a Galaxy S2, but a friend recently got a 4s and I helped him set it and loved it. Very nice design and very impressive and clear display.

I don't think I'd like the iP5 as it's a too large screen. I liked the large screen on my S2 for a while but recently am even finding that a little annoying in the hands and pocket, thought the 4s was a nice size.

I just didn't get more than a couple of hours to look at it so wondered how it performs if I were to get one. I'm not looking for in dept benchmarks, just some Boardsies experiences :) Also overall how do you find it and would you rec it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's extremely smooth when swiping with zero lag imo and it rarely languishes when running multiple apps such as YouTube, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Get the cuig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Lads I'm having a look at one on Adverts for just over €300. I have a question, the guy sold his one but is also selling his wifes as she got an upgrade to the 5.

I'm wondering how does the Apple warranty work in this case. If I buy it and it breaks do I need the receipt or can Apple tell another way if its under warranty. Will they only deal with the original owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Herrick wrote: »
    Lads I'm having a look at one on Adverts for just over €300. I have a question, the guy sold his one but is also selling his wifes as she got an upgrade to the 5.

I'm wondering how does the Apple warranty work in this case. If I buy it and it breaks do I need the receipt or can Apple tell another way if its under warranty. Will they only deal with the original owner?

It's based on the IMEI number of the phone. So if you buy it off him, and it's still within the 1 year warranty, you can get it repaired by Apple if it breaks. Get the IMEI number off him, and go to the Apple website and see how long is left on the warranty :)

Ok so I checked the warranty and it lasts until next October so happy enough with that.

Now if I go to see it what kinda stuff should I check? I'm assuming bring a micro sim or two to check if it works? I don't have one currently but I was just thinking of popping into Vodafone or Meteor and getting one for €10, they should work just to test its not blocked right? Anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Ok so I checked the warranty and it lasts until next October so happy enough with that.

Now if I go to see it what kinda stuff should I check? I'm assuming bring a micro sim or two to check if it works? I don't have one currently but I was just thinking of popping into Vodafone or Meteor and getting one for €10, they should work just to test its not blocked right? Anything else?

One thing to check (and this can be a pain) is that it is still unlocked after you a do a wipe of the last persons data.

I sent my iPhone off for repair and the replacement was unlocked, however when i went to clear it to give to my better half it was 'locked' as it should have been.

TBi wrote: »
    One thing to check (and this can be a pain) is that it is still unlocked after you a do a wipe of the last persons data.

I sent my iPhone off for repair and the replacement was unlocked, however when i went to clear it to give to my better half it was 'locked' as it should have been.

If I were to get the unlock code off him would I be ok I'd assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

If I were to get the unlock code off him would I be ok I'd assume?

Apple don't do "codes". Just do a factory reset and setup as new phone before you take it. Should only take 5 mins.

Advertisement