Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Day music festival for Bolton Street car park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

skaface wrote: »

Madness would be a GREAT Act for their Saturday nite, massive following in Waterford :cool:
    I think the Saturday headliner could be the Saturdays!Sort of Irish act and give the pop fans a day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think the Saturday headliner could be the Saturdays!Sort of Irish act and give the pop fans a day out.

I have a feeling it will be some crappy pop voice of ireland type crap. would love if it was a heavy metal type day or even someone like Snow Patrol

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Any info on when the Saturday Headline Act is to be announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Saturday's headline act to be announced tomorrow at 8am on WLR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'll give them 10/10 for keeping it quiet. Around the time of that Waterford music fest everyone seemed to know exactly who was playing well before it was announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

Heard it will not be an Irish band but will be a very very well known band who have been around for a long time and have been very successful ;)

flan59 wrote: »
    Heard it will not be an Irish band but will be a very very well known band who have been around for a long time and have been very successful ;)

The Waterboys

id say it will be an Britsh Band anyway. have a feeling it will be Ocean Colour Scene or Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

The Waterboys

id say it will be an Britsh Band anyway. have a feeling it will be Ocean Colour Scene or Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

Would be good.... is there any older big bands like human league tourin at that time i wonder

Quick look on Ticketmaster has Olly Murs and Littlemix in the UK/Ireland around the time. Other notable names are Picture House and Van Morrison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

The speculation has been fun and its great that so many people will find out tomorrow on WLR.

But it's madness. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Fingers crossed for some Death Metal \m/ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll give them 10/10 for keeping it quiet. Around the time of that Waterford music fest everyone seemed to know exactly who was playing well before it was announced

Yeah it's madness the way they kept it a secret.

ziedth wrote: »
    Quick look on Ticketmaster has Olly Murs and Littlemix in the UK/Ireland around the time. Other notable names are Picture House and Van Morrison.

could be Olly Murs and Littlemix. Wont be going to it if it is.

Van Morrison would be good to get but for E42 i dont think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I heard from my uncles sister friend who cousins with a promoter who kind of knew another promoter who said there is a chance it could be a reunion of the Jackson 5 and that Michael will be back and black but for one night only. :)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could be Olly Murs and Littlemix. Wont be going to it if it is.

Van Morrison would be good to get but for E42 i dont think so

Why are you still speculating??

The speculation has been fun and its great that so many people will find out tomorrow on WLR.

But it's madness. ;-)

If Madness are playing it would be FCUKIN UNREAL :):)
    hOPE UR Right!!

It's 100% confirmed. The majority wil hear for the first time tomorrow but boards seemed to know a bit earlier (as usual).

The Pork Pie Hats will be out in Force ;)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Madness confirmed! All hail Dicky Pride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Madness confirmed! All hail Dicky Pride
    Excellent

• Advertisement

Nypd wrote: »
    Was told this morning it could be madness.
    That would be a good act if it was true, then again you just don't know with this city, arms and legs get added to everything.

Another boards scoop 😊

Bit of a mad line up for Saturday, I'm hearing King Kong company and spring break.
    Love KKC but don't know if their dance style will go with madness and spring break don't belong there at all.

As great as it is for the city and all I just can't help feel each day is overpriced by about €10 if not €15. I would have floated into madness with the wife for around the €50 mark for the two of us. Am I alone in thinking that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm still on the fence about the prices.

Part of me thinks it's a lot, but the other part admits that a lot of the headlines acts cost €40-€50 on their own, nevermind with 3-4 support acts.

For example, Imelda May in the Marquee in July is €35 for a ticket. €40 to see her, Jack L, Jerry Fish and Alabama 3 is a bargain if you look at it that way.

The Coronas are €33.50 for a ticket at the Marquee, and from what I can find Madness aren't coming to Ireland again for quite a while.

Obviously you could argue that the venues elsewhere could help make a better experience. I'm just waiting for some further info on the different 'special guests'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

The price is a bit steep I think. For example Madness are playing at Sandown Racecourse in July. It's £40 for full entry to the evening's racing and the Madness concert afterwards. For around the same price you'll get to see them in Waterford with some as-yet-unannounced support acts, who's quality is unknown.

Still a great gig for the city though.

The price is a bit steep I think. For example Madness are playing at Sandown Racecourse in July. It's £40 for full entry to the evening's racing and the Madness concert afterwards. For around the same price you'll get to see them in Waterford with some as-yet-unannounced support acts, who's quality is unknown.

Still a great gig for the city though.

Bit of a difference in how much it will cost Madness to travel to that gig though. (including equipment & staff etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Bit of a difference in how much it will cost Madness to travel to that gig though. (including equipment & staff etc)

True. As I said it's still a great gig for the city and I'm seriously considering coming home for it. If only we could have a bag of cans in the car park like the good old days of Spraoi!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I'm still on the fence about the prices.

Part of me thinks it's a lot, but the other part admits that a lot of the headlines acts cost €40-€50 on their own, nevermind with 3-4 support acts.

For example, Imelda May in the Marquee in July is €35 for a ticket. €40 to see her, Jack L, Jerry Fish and Alabama 3 is a bargain if you look at it that way.

The Coronas are €33.50 for a ticket at the Marquee, and from what I can find Madness aren't coming to Ireland again for quite a while.

Obviously you could argue that the venues elsewhere could help make a better experience. I'm just waiting for some further info on the different 'special guests'.

Madness were 60 odd euros a pop in the O2 a few months ago.

What's this venue like in Waterford? And how many tickets do they sell?

Madness were 60 odd euros a pop in the O2 a few months ago.

What's this venue like in Waterford? And how many tickets do they sell?

It's a car park that is used for outdoor events, bit of an odd shape and location tbh.
    I'm on the fence also about the price, Coronas gig interests me but I can't help feel it is just a wee bit over priced.
    Things are tough in Waterford and this gig needs to work not just for the promoters but for the city itself.
    I really hope people can stretch to the ticket price and make this a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Nypd wrote: »

It's a car park that is used for outdoor events, bit of an odd shape and location tbh.
    I'm on the fence also about the price, Coronas gig interests me but I can't help feel it is just a wee bit over priced.
    Things are tough in Waterford and this gig needs to work not just for the promoters but for the city itself.
    I really hope people can stretch to the ticket price and make this a success.

I want to go and bring my 15 year old son. It's alright for that kinda age group?

Advertisement