Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Day music festival for Bolton Street car park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

If I heard correctly on WLR this morning the promoter said there's only 2,500 tickets per day - surely that's way too low? Madness tickets will sell out in no time if there's only that capacity. I'd have thought that car park could fit 5,000-10,000 people standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i believe the way the layout is - its the same as when harvest festival used it - stage at the back -- bar & food stall at the side. 2,500 tickets sound about right
    as far as prices go - its a great line up for a week end. i know from runing gigs before (and lost 10k in one day). the stage and sound is very expensive. as is security (bout 30 of them). if the bands break even - you make the money at the bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

:cool:
    MADNESS playing a gig in Waterford, i still can,t believe it..

This is a Massive Act to get with a Massive following around these parts,
    Anyone that has seen The Nutty Boys Live will know what a Great band
    they are . This WILL Sell Out no problem if there are only 2,500 tickets!!

If I heard correctly on WLR this morning the promoter said there's only 2,500 tickets per day - surely that's way too low? Madness tickets will sell out in no time if there's only that capacity. I'd have thought that car park could fit 5,000-10,000 people standing.

Maybe they will increase the capacity if the Demand for tickets is there??
    Hope they do or a lot of people will be disappointed for the Saturday nite..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

skaface wrote: »

What are the chances of the plans for the waterside carpark getting approved in the mean time and the gig being held there? Surely it could easily hold twice as many?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

O Riain wrote: »

What are the chances of the plans for the waterside carpark getting approved in the mean time and the gig being held there? Surely it could easily hold twice as many?

It was approved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Can't they only increase it so much tho without a licence tho, think its about 5000

Sully wrote: »

It was approved. :)

The city is shaping up to have some really nice places for holding entertainment. Surely the gig could have been held the waterside and had at least another 1000 which would have allowed for cheaper tickets? Probably safety issues with the bridges as of now but should be good for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Are People seriously saying that €40 to see Madness is expensive?
    Are ye all nuts? My favourite band on earth and I only seen them in December again recently when they played an awesome gig at the 02 London for £45.
    €40 in Waterford, I'm actually flying home from London for this gig because there is no way on earth I am missing Madness playing in Waterford!

Fantastic Value and and an absolutely, incredibly amazing booking for our City!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Id say Friday morning will be MADNESS to get tickets lol.

Serouis though want to get one ticket but will be in College at 10am on Friday morning so what are the chances of the gig not selling out. 2500 is not a large number of tickets by any means

• Advertisement

I see the support acts for MADNESS on Saturday have been announced.. Natty Wailer Band and Local Band King Kong Company :pac: , Gates open at 5pm. Hope everyone gets their tickets 2moro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I see the support acts for MADNESS on Saturday have been announced.. Natty Wailer Band and Local Band King Kong Company :pac: , Gates open at 5pm. Hope everyone gets their tickets 2moro!!

Strange decision to have a dance act on with a reggae and ska act.

Nypd wrote: »
    Strange decision to have a dance act on with a reggae and ska act.
    That,s what i thought aswell..

That,s what i thought aswell..

I think its a good mix all the same, whats the story with buying tickets tomorrow. Do people think I'll be able to get them online no problem?

I,d say anyone that goes online fairly sharpish in the morning will get them,
    in saying that i reckon this will definetly Sell Out sooner rather than later.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

**** WOW****

Just got an email from The Forum, able to buy tickets for MADNESS!!!!

MUTHA FUC*IN MADNESS!!!

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    **** WOW****

Just got an email from The Forum, able to buy tickets for MADNESS!!!!

MUTHA FUC*IN MADNESS!!!

Lucky baxtard lol. have to try and get them on the net in college in the morning before a presentation.

There is a serious amount of interest from a lot of people in the City and County ALONE for this MADNESS Gig, never mind the rest of the country..
    I think the orginisers could Easily shift 5,000 tickets for this concert.. this band
    are very popular in these parts, always have been :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Yep agree, they will sell out easily which is brilliant for those putting in the work to make it happen.

Sadly for me they didn't rise to the occasion and get Lamb of God :p

let the madness begin 2morrow morning :D. hopefully i will be able to secure tickets but not looking so likely. best of luck to everyone 2morrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I wonder if sales are very good, would they consider looking for a bigger venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Early bird catches the worm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

The tickets for madness are on the daytripper website i just bought mine

just bought 2 there. happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Got mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Two Tickets for Saturday purchased.. Night Boat To CAIROoooo :D:D:D:D:D

Two Tickets for Saturday purchased.. Night Boat To CAIROoooo :D:D:D:

Ha Ha, so delighted to get tickets, i posted it twice!!
    Anyone on here know how SALES are going today?? Wonder will it Sell Out today..

• Advertisement

Ha Ha, so delighted to get tickets, i posted it twice!!
    Anyone on here know how SALES are going today?? Wonder will it Sell Out today..

Advertisement