Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Day music festival for Bolton Street car park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,257 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont think it will sell out for a while yet.

Put in 100 tickets for the laugh and could purchase them (Well it would only cost E4000 not too bad lol).

If it was a stronger support than it would be sold out. wonder why they decided to put the tickets on sale early

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I got myself two tickets for Madness. I wish they had a weekend pass.

Between this and the three day Ska Fest out in Tramore for Easter, we have it good festival wise. Lets hope the summer continues that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Sully wrote: »
    I got myself two tickets for Madness. I wish they had a weekend pass.

Between this and the three day Ska Fest out in Tramore for Easter, we have it good festival wise. Lets hope the summer continues that way.

Speaking of the Ska fest in Tramore, i see The Beat are playing there next Friday nite.. They would have been a BRILLIANT band to support MADNESS
    at The Daytripper Festival.. ( ah, i,m just getting gready now :pac: )

Anyone know how ticket sales are going today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

WLR tweeted this morning that half the Madness tickets have been sold.

:cool: MADNESS lookin good now on BBC4!!

• Advertisement

:cool:

Heads Up for anyone wanting tickets for the MADNESS GiG on the Saturday nite, i believe tickets are nearly Sold Out, so get them while you can.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well there are atleast 100 left anyway, I just checked the site and it was allowing be to buy 100 tickets. I've no doubt this gig will sell out and tbh I can see them selling more that the 2,500, and I don't think the other two nights will 100% sell out, I think the organisers missed out by not offering a weekender ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Still trying to find out who Natty Dread is.. He didn't write 'Work' as he might claim to do ...Bob wrote "Work".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

south wrote: »
    Still trying to find out who Natty Dread is.. He didn't write 'Work' as he might claim to do ...Bob wrote "Work".

Natty Wailer?

O Riain wrote: »
    Natty Wailer?

yes sorry

• Advertisement

His involvement with Bob and the Wailers is disputable..I don't want to bring the thread away from what it should be because we should be all be happy the likes of madness are playing here and i bought tickets myself and i reserve judgment until i hear back on Natty :)

Never heard of him myself, seems he is well connected to the Wailers and
    Bob Marley down through the years... moved to Ireland some years ago

www.discogs.com/artist/ Natty+Wailer

i wonder how they will cordon off the area for the concerts.

Id imagine the newtown road will be closed off at the peoples park and traffic will be deverted to Water Street

Will ticket holders and near by residens be only permitted down Lombard Street and William Street.

The Road Past the Courthouse down towards the Maryland restraunt will be closed off

only Ticket holders/residents will be allowed past bank lane and the lane where kathy barrys pub is

Whats stopping people going into the peoples park or the mall and listening for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

They will be issuing ear muffs to everyone within a 3 mile radius to ensure that they can't hear any music for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hey lads,
    Got stuck by 2 out of town friends for 2 Madness tickets,

Willing to sell at face value

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Got stuck by 2 out of town friends for 2 Madness tickets,

Willing to sell at face value

Still loads of ticks left AFAIK,
    Doesn't seem to be much happening about the gigs, heard a bit on WLR and that's it,

Nypd wrote: »
    Still loads of ticks left AFAIK,
    Doesn't seem to be much happening about the gigs, heard a bit on WLR and that's it,

hope the weekend is not a big anti climax and the festival will turn out a disaster

Its not fair that 2 of our neighbours get Bruce Springsteen and we get Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

If this gig does not sell out, we may as well give up putting live music on in this city. People bitch and moan that we never get anything decent, the Forum are bring ing a top class band to town at an excellent price and people are moaning that the boss is playing in Kilkenny?

Go to Kilkenny if you like but please stop criticising this. I cannot wait to travel home for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cabbage_Head

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its not fair that 2 of our neighbours get Bruce Springsteen and we get Madness

Are you f*cking serious?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Whats stopping people going into the peoples park or the mall and listening for free

The laws of physics (acoustics)?

The same reason you don't stand outside a pub drinking cans and bopping when a good band/DJ is on inside..?

Anyone who'd go to the park to eavesdrop for those gigs isn't really the target market anyway.

Having said that, I'm gonna climb up on the roof of Odeon to listen to the new Star Trek film on Weds night / Thurs morning to save myself a tenner (PM me if interested!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Got my tickets for Madness this morning, looking forward to it, probably King kong company even more than Madness.

If this is well attended, it will grow and become a better event yearly. Getting these things off the ground is key. In a few years you could have those massive international acts that some on here unrealistically complain arent playing here on a regular basis.

I urge all to support it, relatively small money for a great night out on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

The Stunning have also been added to the Sunday lineup.

i would love if the madness day had some of the support acts that are playing on the sunday.

I knw it probly cost a good bit to get madness but could they not get Bad Manners to support as it would be a similar type of music than king kong company.

Friday is deff the strongest line up but its madness for me

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

i would love if the madness day had some of the support acts that are playing on the sunday.

I knw it probly cost a good bit to get madness but could they not get Bad Manners to support as it would be a similar type of music than king kong company.

Friday is deff the strongest line up but its madness for me

I think we have to remember that this is a festival and should have a festival vibe. I don't think having a lot of acts that are similar on the same night would be as good. They should be varied. Everyone will sing along to Natty Wailer, jump around to King Kong Company, and probably do both for Madness. I know its less bands than the other nights but I'd say it will be the most fun night! Have my tickets for Sat, I know nothing about Natty Wailer, but having seen King Kong Company live, and love Madness, I'm expecting a brilliant night.

Great news today on the radio that the MADNESS GIG is Sold Out

Due to the demand for tickets for the saturday night, another 2,500 Tickets
    have now been put on sale!!

A second smaller stage has also been added. Skazoo will be playing on that between the bigger acts on Saturday

Night tripper

(Ticket holders only)
    With the DAYTRIPPER Festival just 4 weeks away now, Forum Waterford is delighted to announce that the party will continue at the Forum Venue each night of the festival weekend. NIGHT-TRIPPER will kick off at 11pm and admission is FREE on a ‘first come first served’ basis as long as you have your Daytripper ticket stub.
    On Friday, 28th June, the amazing Unusual Suspects will make their debut on the Forum stage with their full 7 piece line-up. On Saturday, 29th June, Skazoo will be playing all the Ska you want until the early hours with a guest performance by the legendary Skunk. Closing out the weekend at The Forum on Sunday, 30th June, Beat 102 103 will be hosting their official Night Tripper Party (as part of their 10th Birthday celebrations) with Beat DJs spinning all your favourite tunes. And of course because Night-Tripper is the official ‘After Party’ for Daytripper, you never know who else will be popping in!

You can get your tickets now at Next Door (Forum), 051 871111 and www.daytripper.ie to see IMELDA MAY, MADNESS, THE CORONAS, THE STUNNING, ALABAMA 3, JACK L, JERRY FISH, KING KONG COMPANY and many more rock Bolton Street at DAYTRIPPER from 28th to 30th June. And don’t forget to head straight to The Forum afterwards with your Daytripper ticket stub to continue the party at Night-Tripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

skaface wrote: »

Great news today on the radio that the MADNESS GIG is Sold Out

Due to the demand for tickets for the saturday night, another 2,500 Tickets
    have now been put on sale!!

brilliant, every Waterford person with a job/can afford a night out should be going to this, supporting it and with some luck it will grow. A city based festival like this is a good thing, plenty of pubs, food, hotels etc, why oh why would you travel to some field or sleep in a tent when you have this on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

As well as the festival, the ravens rock rally is on the same weekend. Cars will be serviced on the quay on sunday, with the stages not far from the city. The city will be buzzing that weekend with both things on. Should be a great weekend

• Advertisement

Possibility of an all Ireland senior hurling phase 1 qualifier being played on Saturday 29th June in Waterford city so that will add to the weekend also

Advertisement