Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Day music festival for Bolton Street car park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Anyone know what alcohol is on sale inside and how much are they ripping us off? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Spoke to some friends who were there and they thought Alabama 3 were amazing and Imelda had the whole crowd going. By there accounts a great night.

Over 3k tickets sold for tonight so far and the sun will probably bring out another couple hundred at least on that number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Anyone know what alcohol is on sale inside and how much are they ripping us off? Cheers.

Its bud bulmers guiness and wine. Everuthing 5 euro. Same price as geoffs practically

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Coming into Waterford for Madness with a car full tonight.

Just found out that the car parks on the quay are closing at 6pm - where can I park?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

park in the glen or ballybricken and stroll down through the town!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Aren't the car park on the quay free after 6 no barrier on the one next to the plaza is there ?

Faq wrote: »
    Aren't the car park on the quay free after 6 no barrier on the one next to the plaza is there ?

No they are closed for the rock rally (they are setting up tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Fran79 wrote: »
    Coming into Waterford for Madness with a car full tonight.

Just found out that the car parks on the quay are closing at 6pm - where can I park?

TIA

New St Car Park open 7am - midnight all weekend for Weekender Music Fest
    2 streets from concert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Madness sound good at least from a mile and a half away :-/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Madness were great craic, really enjoyed it. **** the begrudgers - €40 was excellent value and we should welcome & support with open arms any effort and attempt to create a festival in Waterford. Really good value, fair play to those who pulled this together - worked out very good IMO.

• Advertisement

Totally agree Sully!

It was a great night.
    I actually ended up parking in Millers Marsh and walking - avoided all the traffic going out of Waterford that way as went home via the Cork road.

Hope they do Daytripper again next year - would love to see who they get. Nice to be home in 25 mins! rather than 2 hours from Dublin.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Madness were excellent tonight, fair play to all involved and hopefully daytripper will be back in 2014.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Good job . Anymore videos out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

5HgqNJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I ended up recording half the thing from where I was....but....

1. I was so close to the speakers, EVERYTHING was booming and distorted.
    2. My phone decided to revert from Full HD to the lowest quality possible halfway through and I didn't realise until I got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ozzie3032

Hi i was at madness they were the brilliant any chance you could email me the video as my phone died after about 2 mins :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A brilliant gig, the aftershow party in The Forum rocked as well.
    Congrats to the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

best night out since Tall ships, loved it, music was great, organised well too, awesome. fair play to Mick and others for organising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Tonight's concert was amazing, really well packed too and such a good atmosphere! Hopefully it'll be back again next year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

what a night,well done to the organizers and to all the people who came along hopefully we'll make this a regular event every summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Went to Madness , great night.

I will say though as i know the organisers were sweating on money, but Friday and Sunday shouldn't have been 40euro and they suffered over that, especially Friday. Madness are worth that money but it was illy to charge that as you weren't going to get people to go for 2 days.

Hope they learn and bring it back next year. Madness really were great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Boooourns wrote: »

I will say though as i know the organisers were sweating on money, but Friday and Sunday shouldn't have been 40euro and they suffered over that, especially Friday. Madness are worth that money but it was illy to charge that as you weren't going to get people to go for 2 days.

Friday should have been free sponsored by city council seen only a few hundred turned out , sat was excellent , Sunday well the coronas are a support act at best but the organisers have to start sumwher , a two day gig with a couple of decent headliners would sell out next year

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Friday should have been free sponsored by city council seen only a few hundred turned out , sat was excellent , Sunday well the coronas are a support act at best but the organisers have to start sumwher , a two day gig with a couple of decent headliners would sell out next year

The Coronas definitely aren't a support act at best.. They sold out the O2 in December as well as two dates live at the Marquee last week (each ~8000 capacity). I'm sure The Coronas attracted the biggest crowd at Daytripper too (~4000 apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Boooourns wrote: »

Well I see Imelda May is playing in Cork and Dublin in the coming weeks. Tickets for those gigs are €35 and €40 respectively.

If the organisers can build from this and perhaps get some partnership from the City Council, there may be scope to make a bigger and better festival.

If you could get the city flooded with music events across a bank holiday weekend it'd be terrific - Cork has the Jazz Festival, this could be something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The market for "mid-table" and well known nostalgia acts is pretty competitive these days. That they've managed to pull off this first attempt (outside the context of the Tall Ships) with some success should mean that the public will be that bit more enthusiastic that bit earlier next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cabbage_Head

I cannot understand for the life of me what people are giving out about.

Imelda May, Jack L and Jerry Fish are all playing at the Galway Arts Festival seperately this month, in the Roisin Dubh.

€35 for Imelda, €25 for Jack L and €18 for Jerry Fish

Alabama 3 are playing in Cyprus Avenue in Cork in August for €23 plus booking fees.

If you wanted to see all these acts seperately in Ireland this summer it would cost you €101 just for the tickets, never mind travel, accommodation, booze etc.

Here we had them all plus more in an outdoor arena with an excellant atmosphere right beside the city centre, for €40, and people are still giving out???

Madness tickets were almost €70 to go see them in the Marquee in Cork 2 or 3 years ago, and they didn't have any support acts then!

Daytripper has been an excellent festival and was superb value for money, and long may it continue. Had a great banter with people in the crowd, no fights, no hostility, everyone out enjoying themselves. Highlights for me were Madness and King Kong Company, and Skazoo really rocked the Forum on Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

"Superb value for money"... sarcasm surely?

Reduce the prices by 50% and I'd consider it... these are nothing bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

mozattack wrote: »

So youd only pay 20 for acts that everywhere else is 30 minimum for without support? What acts would it take for you to pay 40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

mozattack wrote: »

I suppose you'd have a few cans tucked into your socks as well yeah?

Advertisement