Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window replacement anyone recommend?

Options
  • 04-03-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

Hi need a window replaced in Drogheda the girlfriend locked her self out and smashed the window to get back in

So looking for someone cheap and affordable to replace a small window in the kitchen
    it's one of the small flap windows that opens on top of the main big window there's two but one is smashed (if that kind of gives a rough size guide)

Any recommendations
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

what kind of window is it aluminium plastic (pvc) wooden with putty.single glaze or double glaze.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I have used Gerry McEvoy a few times in the past and have always found him reasonable . Pm me if you want his number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

It's a An aliminium double glazed
    I think she's looking to get just one pane of glass put into it
    if that's even possible
    She had it done before and was charged 180 but hasn't got that sort of money to hand at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

spider_pig wrote: »
    It's a An aliminium double glazed
    I think she's looking to get just one pane of glass put into it
    if that's even possible
    She had it done before and was charged 180 but hasn't got that sort of money to hand at all
    you will need to get double glazed as the slips that hold the glass in tight wont do did she break both pains if not then maybe you can rescue it , pm me your address and i'll have a look.:cool:

I got a broken window on a front door replaced there a short while back. Guy did a good job. It was the main window in the front door (about 12x18 inches in size I'd say) and he only took one pane out (the broken one) and replaced.

He wasn't overly expensive (I don't know the prices in the whole window area at all but he seemed very reasonable; I paid less than anticipated). PM me if you want his name and number. He's in Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

appleb wrote: »
    I have used Gerry McEvoy a few times in the past and have always found him reasonable . Pm me if you want his number

Ill 2nd this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Knoby

appleb wrote: »

+1 Done a great job on my porch last year, very nice man clean and tidy..

Advertisement