Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money question

Options
  • 04-03-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Toronto in a few weeks on the IEC, and I've got a few questions about money. Obviously, I need 3000 minimum, I've got 7 in my account. Do I need any special paperwork from my bank? I didn't get anything for them to sign during my application process and the bank hadn't received anything from anyone already gone out. I'm going over with approx. 3000 CND in a mix of sterling, euro and CND (mostly CND), and I've got a bank draft for an additional 2000 CND, do I need to declare that at the airport or what? I've got internet banking so I can access my home account, because I don't want to bring over the whole lot in one go. Should I bring over the whole lot in one go? What do I need to show the emigration guys?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Loblox wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm moving to Toronto in a few weeks on the IEC, and I've got a few questions about money. Obviously, I need 3000 minimum, I've got 7 in my account. Do I need any special paperwork from my bank? I didn't get anything for them to sign during my application process and the bank hadn't received anything from anyone already gone out. I'm going over with approx. 3000 CND in a mix of sterling, euro and CND (mostly CND), and I've got a bank draft for an additional 2000 CND, do I need to declare that at the airport or what? I've got internet banking so I can access my home account, because I don't want to bring over the whole lot in one go. Should I bring over the whole lot in one go? What do I need to show the emigration guys?

Thanks!

I think you just need to show a bank account statement issued within a week to show proof of funds.
    I won't be bringing all my money with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Loblox

gary27 wrote: »
    I think you just need to show a bank account statement issued within a week to show proof of funds.
    I won't be bringing all my money with me.

Okay, great. Just wanted to doublecheck, I've heard horror stories and want to make sure I've got everything I need.

Thanks!

Advertisement