Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full New Original band wanted Dublin City– See inside for details

• 04-03-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

The music is searching for….

Cellist & Bassist
    with a singing voice.
    As in can play both Cello and bass. A tall order I know, but I’m hoping the universe loves me today.

Lead Guitarist
    with a singing voice
    Essentials: Awesome guitarist and ability or desire to experiment with what’s out then and what we can invent.
    Nice to have: Another instrument.

Electronic Musician
    Essentials: Totally into the absolute cutting edge – Max/msp/Similar/Sound Synthesis/Working with Samples/Live manipulation/Working with samples and synths – big thinker – no limits til I D.I.E. type

Percussionist
    Essentials: Awesome drummer, desire or ability to experiment with using drum pads/samples etc
    Nice to have: singing voice
    Also nice: Another instrument

Leaving my role as:
    Lead Singer
    For texture and for the song occasionally – can sometimes play guitar, flute, Max/msp - gesture based electronics, piano.

While not attached to any particular creation of the mind – I would like it if there was one female voice and one other male voice in this mix.

What is the desired range of sound as a starting point for developing our own original sound?
    While this is relatively impossible to say, I will make an attempt, citing qualities from a few main bands.
    There are 3 corners of a triangle in mind: The XX, The Artic Monkeys and Queen.

The XX: The crispness, the sense of having time, the patience, the vocal interplay, the delicate and gorgeous, considerate and deliberate arrangement and sound design Live: the physical triggering of sound samples, the beautiful strength of the base, the visuals triggered by sound events.
    See: Islands
    Intro:

Queen: The performativity, committment, professionalism, exposedness, rockyness, the energy, the positive energy, the almost operatic and flowing nature of the music, the range: able to go from something delicate and crisp to collasal and overpowering wave in an instant, or from song to song, the vocal harmony, the crowd involvement.
    See: Love of my life (live at wembley)
    Bohemian Rhapsody live:
    Somebody to love: (Studio)

Arctic Monkeys: Realness, honesty of lyrics, the groovey upbeatness and the modernity.
    When the sun goes down:
    Do me a favour:

What do I sound like?
    For reference to what my voice can sound like only – listen to the following.
    The sound itself is singer-songwritery due to the acoustic nature, this is not what I’m going for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSU4RwpL5c

Ps what am I on about sample wise?
    Prodigy are pretty good here both in the studio and live.
    Tons of examples really - Outkast: Sorry ms jackson

Let it be known that what we will create in the finish will be completely our own, from the depths of our souls. But somewhere to start is always useful.
    Apart from the skills above the most important thing is that you are a nice person, you are truly committed to making something really really beautiful, you are pretty self aware and you aren’t afraid of really going on a journey. Material for first EP and album are already written and ready to start, but I would most like people who will join the writing process after this.

Send me some info about yourself and maybe some recordings showing what you can do on instruments and with your voice, and what your outlook on music and life is perhaps.
    Peace, Enda

Comments

Advertisement