Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early childhood studies in DKIT

Options
  • 04-03-2013 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi. Have Early childhood studies down as one of my choices for cao, just wondering if someone could give me information about the course, like the amount of lectures you'd have in a day? Class sizes? What is the workload like? teaching practice? any information would be greatly appricated. Also about the college itself is it easy enough to make friends?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kjog

Hiya, im currently finished the 2nd year of the corse there and heading onto 3rd year all going well!.. I love the coarse!, it was my 4th option on my CAO so wasnt too pushed on it, but now i am in it i love it. Most classes in all the years are like a maximum of 30. The average is like 20 id say, theres 25 in my class. Teaching practise is so much fun, every year we get 6 block weeks of practice, first year is just in a normal pre-school , and 2nd is with special needs, third year you can pick what you wanna do and there is an option of going abroad for 3rd year. You could be a in primary school, hospital or even office for third year. Lectures vary really, in first year my timetable wasnt to bad youd prob have like 4 or 5 a day with breaks between. I dont think the work load is too bad either , second year has been harder but first year they really ease you in and help alot. There is alot of practical work for projects and stuff which is great fun and an easy way to gain marks. I couldn't promote college life enough! i was young going to college ,17 and found it hard not being able to go out but once your over 18 your sorted!
    I would have been slightly shy also so i worried about making friends and stuff but then you realise your first day that everyone is in exactly the same boat and thinking the same as you. The good thing about DKIT is that there in an induction week where you get to bond with your class and learn about eachother and stuff. It was a major helper and had loads of ice breakers!
    Realise thats alot, sorry! i do talk alot! Hope it was some help! best of luck with your leaving and stuff! and hope to see you in the ECS gang in dkit come sept :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 edele

Thanks for that information. :-) Really want to do this course, so just better hope I do well enough to get in.

Advertisement