Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car loan application from company?

Options
  • 04-03-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭

If i apply for a loan from a car manufacturer/garage are they able to see my credit history/rating from banks, etc.

they said they'll preform a credit check, can they do this & what could they see, etc.?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

batistuta9 wrote: »
    If i apply for a loan from a car manufacturer/garage are they able to see my credit history/rating from banks, etc.

they said they'll preform a credit check, can they do this & what could they see, etc.?

Yes they can, they'll have some arrangement be it with e.g VW finance or a third party finance house and they will do the checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭batistuta9

actually it is VW that's the garage/seller, so they're able to see loan, mortgages repayments, stuff like that from the ICB (is it) ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

batistuta9 wrote: »
    actually it is VW that's the garage/seller, so they're able to see loan, mortgages repayments, stuff like that from the ICB (is it) ?
    Yes VW finance can see the details of your credit report with the ICB as they are a registered finance provider, they request a copy of your report from the ICB

Advertisement