Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop loading issue and Adobe Acrobat

Options
  • 04-03-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop, about 4.5 years old. Whenever I download the latest adobe acrobat 10 package, the next time I turn on the laptop it stays on the loading page, you know the page with Microsoft corporation written across the bottom and the green lines going across the screen, see attached photo. It stays on this screen forever until I turn it off and do a system restore, thereby losing the adobe 10 download. Now, I know I could just not download it but then documents etc wont open. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way of rectifying it?

Also, the time never seems to be right anymore. I change it to the right time and it stays fine until the next time I turn on the laptop when it's either a few days behind or resets itself to some date in 2007.

Is the laptop coming towards its end? Have so many important documents etc I would be afraid of losing them by having to get a new laptop.
    Any help or advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try Foxit PDF reader instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Obrieski wrote: »
    Have so many important documents etc I would be afraid of losing them by having to get a new laptop.

You don't have a backup? On a USB drive? Or DVD? Or in the cloud?

Your data = your responsibility!

The problem is likely the result of a dead CMOS battery. As a workaround, go into the BIOS and set the proper date and time there, BEFORE you boot into Windows. Find a local repair shop and have the CMOS battery replaced. The part is dirt cheap, labour depends on the model of the laptop.

And as bonzodog2 said, there are alternatives to Adobe Reader, PDF-Xchange Viewer or Sumatra PDF for example.

Advertisement