Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs. Man City Match Thread (SS - 8.00 k.o.)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Man City have become muck altogether. They get results for the most part but they rarely do anything worth putting on the highlights. Even their goal was pure fluke. The money spent and performances like tonight is all they ever seem to muster.

Must be the manager I suppose.

Villa looking a bit better of late. Still bad but there are worse teams down there so I'd say they have enough to stay up in Bentekkers and Weimann and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

JPA wrote: »
    People very harsh on Villa, a lucky break was the difference.
    They created f-all, predictable old crap, no quality, no creativity.

City just did enough without breaking a sweat, every time City went forward they looked like they could score. Even when City had a corner, it was heart in mouth stuff, see the state of the last Villa corner.

Mancini very generous in his praise for Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

budgemook wrote: »
    Man City have become muck altogether. They get results for the most part but they rarely do anything worth putting on the highlights. Even their goal was pure fluke. The money spent and performances like tonight is all they ever seem to muster.

Must be the manager I suppose.

Villa looking a bit better of late. Still bad but there are worse teams down there so I'd say they have enough to stay up in Bentekkers and Weimann and the like.

"Sorry Bobby, we're going to have to part company, you're not giving the lads at MOTD enough material."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Esse85 wrote: »
    They created f-all, predictable old crap, no quality, no creativity.

City just did enough without breaking a sweat, every time City went forward they looked like they could score. Even when City had a corner, it was heart in mouth stuff, see the state of the last Villa corner.

Mancini very generous in his praise for Villa.

One off the line, a potential penalty, and numerous half chances.
    I expected Villa to lose, so 1 nil isn't too bad.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "Sorry Bobby, we're going to have to part company, you're not giving the lads at MOTD enough material."

don't get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

budgemook wrote: »

don't get it?

Well you're making the point that City aren't creating enough highlights and it's probably down to the manager. Since when is that a fundamental of football?

Everyone knows City haven't been as popcorn eating, Sky Super Sunday exciting as last season but they're comfortably in second spot at the moment and there's no disgrace in that.

City also limped to a 1-0 win at Villa Park last season by the way in another fairly dull game.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well you're making the point that City aren't creating enough highlights and it's probably down to the manager. Since when is that a fundamental of football?

Everyone knows City haven't been as popcorn eating, Sky Super Sunday exciting as last season but they're comfortably in second spot at the moment and there's no disgrace in that.

City also limped to a 1-0 win at Villa Park last season by the way in another fairly dull game.

My point is that for the money they spent they should be destroying the bottom half teams. Like you say they aren't creating enough chances and that's probably why they are 12 points off the top.

Oh and Villa were 10 men behind the ball park the bus merchants last season. They're much easier to break down this year as their goals conceded statistics will show you.

Anyways, don't really want to get into it, just think if I was a Man City fan I'd be very unhappy with Mancini as a manager. Not many who couldn't do the job to the level he's at this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah City won without getting out of second gear. A win is a win.

If I was a City fan (a little bit of puke just came up) I'd be happy with the three points. The last thing I would be thinking of is " why aren't we playing super sexy football and scoring a hatfull"

Villa lacked in most parts of the game tonight but the one thing they didnt lack was effort.

Think they will go down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City never really got going last night but they didnt have to, Villa are a poor, poor side.

They may stay up this year but they have to start scoring goals and stop giving away silly ones at the other end, had the game ended in anything other then a City win they would ahve felt hard done by.

What might save Villa is Reading look like they're only going one way, QPR could go either way, they're picking up points here and there, Southampton are all over the shop as of late and Newcastle are being dragged back into it aswell, Wigan have managed to stay up the last 2 seasons very luckily, can they make it another season and avoid the drop.

Villa have 2 huge games coming up, if they fail to pick up points against Reading and Southampton they'll be going down I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Villa have 2 huge games coming up, if they fail to pick up points against Reading and Southampton they'll be going down I reckon.

Without a doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

GavRedKing wrote: »

Villa have already been beaten by Southampton home and away this season. They are playing Reading away on Saturday then have QPR at home on the 16th.

I agree with you that if they don't pick up points in their next two games then they are as good as relegated.

Advertisement