Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is therer anyway to get 'my recent places' for MS XP ?

Options
  • 04-03-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to get 'my recent places' for MS XP ?

I've tried googling but cant seem to get a definitive answer.

BTW It is for work so I cant install an application to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Is there anyway to get 'my recent places' for MS XP ?

Windows Explorer?

40664704.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Torqay wrote: »
    Windows Explorer?

40664704.jpg

thanks
    how do i put this onto the start menu like 'my recent documents'

thanks
    how do i put this onto the start menu like 'my recent documents'

"Recent Documents" will also link to recently visited folder.

This is about as good as it gets in XP without 3rd party software

If you want to increase the number of recent documents displayed, you'll have to edit the registry, go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Explorer

To change the number of files listed in the menu, double-click MaxRecentDocs in the right pane (if there's no such key, right-click, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name the new key MaxRecentDocs). Enter the number of documents you want to show in the Value Data field, and click OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

If you want to increase the number of recent documents displayed, you'll have to edit the registry, go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/Explorer

To change the number of files listed in the menu, double-click MaxRecentDocs in the right pane (if there's no such key, right-click, select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, name the new key MaxRecentDocs). Enter the number of documents you want to show in the Value Data field, and click OK.

its the folder i need access too not the documents.
    like when a document is saved to a folder i will need to go back to the folder i.e without navigating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,324 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Recent Documents" will also link to recently visited folder.

This is about as good as it gets in XP without 3rd party software
    The way of the future :pac:

There are supposed to be some pretty badass third party file explorers out there though, I've just never had a need for one.

Overheal wrote: »
    There are supposed to be some pretty badass third party file explorers out there

There are indeed. The Directory Hotlist is one of my favorite features in Total Commander.
    its the folder i need access too not the documents.

Well, you won't get it, at least not without using 3rd party utilities*. Or tell IT to upgrade your machine to Windows 7. ;)

* for example, Anvir Task Manager will give you this list, accessible from the system tray.

83779453.jpg

Advertisement