Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Training School Dublin South

• 04-03-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi ,
    Anyone know of (Good) Dog Training Lessons/School in or around Dun Laoighaire? Mainly needed for leash training - I'm being pulled all over the park. :o
    Thanks,
    Slick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

Get in touch with Julie at TagnRye, as far as I know she does classes in the Bray area and worked wonders with one of my collies - he went from being a total hooligan to trotting at my side like a trained guide dog. Positive training methods only and it really works. I'm working on getting the newest fella to behave himself now; there's more springer in him and his attention span is about the size of an average gnat, but we're getting there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Registered Users Posts: 46 slick31

Lpfsox wrote: »
    Get in touch with Julie at TagnRye, as far as I know she does classes in the Bray area and worked wonders with one of my collies - he went from being a total hooligan to trotting at my side like a trained guide dog. Positive training methods only and it really works. I'm working on getting the newest fella to behave himself now; there's more springer in him and his attention span is about the size of an average gnat, but we're getting there :)

Hi thanks for the reply - Its a springer I have about 7months old. She pulls like mad on the lead constantly and never lets up! I've found that she doesn't pay attention to me when outside - but I didn't realise attention span was a thing with springers? Thanks again I'll look into TagnRye.
    Slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

There is a lady called Micky who does dog training in the Boylan center just of Dun Laoghaire main street. It's every Tuesday night 7.30-8.30, €10 to register and €8 per class. I went for 3 months with my Benji and just after Christmas we did the Irish Kennel Club's Good Citizen's award and he passed with flying colours. It was very handy as it a pay per class thing, which means if you can't commit to every Tuesday (which I couldn't) you're not losing out financially.
    Benji was a rescue and was pretty much feral when I got him from the DSPCA, since doing this class he is the sweetest little thing, still a cheeky fecker tho!! I was delighted with the classes. She teaches a T-Touch thing too, which is a great way to calm your dog down when he's a bit anxious.
    If you want Micky's number PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kattz007

hi can you tell me a little more about lady called Micky who does dog training in the Boylan center just of Dun Laoghaire main street. It's every Tuesday night 7.30-8.30, €10 to register and €8 per class that you mention in your post im from bray and this would suit me to go . also if you wouldnt mind i dont drive would it be nearer to the dart or bus stop i dont know dunlaoigher only the main street tks :)

• Advertisement

Kattz007 wrote: »
    hi can you tell me a little more about lady called Micky who does dog training in the Boylan center just of Dun Laoghaire main street. It's every Tuesday night 7.30-8.30, €10 to register and €8 per class that you mention in your post im from bray and this would suit me to go . also if you wouldnt mind i dont drive would it be nearer to the dart or bus stop i dont know dunlaoigher only the main street tks :)

The boylan centre is a 2 min walk from the train/bus station, if you want her number just PM as I don't want to broadcast it over the interweb ;-)
    Google maps 'Sussex Street Dun Laoghaire' and you'll find it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aye Bosun wrote: »
    The boylan centre is a 2 min walk from the train/bus station, if you want her number just PM as I don't want to broadcast it over the interweb ;-)Google maps 'Sussex Street Dun Laoghaire' and you'll find it!
    As Katzz007 is a new user with less then 25 posts they can't initiate a PM discussion.

Nody wrote: »
    As Katzz007 is a new user with less then 25 posts they can't initiate a PM discussion.

Oh didn't know that, how do we get around that one then? She doesn't have a webpage or anything, just operates by word of mouth.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aye Bosun wrote: »
    Oh didn't know that, how do we get around that one then? She doesn't have a webpage or anything, just operates by word of mouth.
    You can send a PM to Katzz (that they can read as there's no limit on reading PMs) but Katzz can't send a PM to you :)

Nody wrote: »
    You can send a PM to Katzz (that they can read as there's no limit on reading PMs) but Katzz can't send a PM to you :)

Ah didn't know that either, aren't you the fountain of Boards Knowledge! Thanks for your help, I'll send a PM now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement