Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimmage recommendations

Options
  • 04-03-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a place in Kimmage and would love some advice on the area. I know there were other threads but they are a bit old now so thought I'd look for up to date info. The areas I am thinking about are Devinish Rd, Blarney Park and Poddle Park? I'm also looking at Kimmage Rd/ Lower Kimmage Rd but it is a lot pricier round there.

I'm a girl buying on her own so looking for someplace I'll feel safe.

I'd welcome your recommendations.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Devenish and Blarney Park are fine, likewise Kilfenora, Clonfert and Cloyne Road. But it gets a bit rougher as you head towards Poddle Park and on to Cashel Road and Captain's Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i know a bloke very well that lives on kilfenora road, there was a pipe bomb placed under a car next to his house a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Poddle Park has flooded a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Rochester wrote: »
    Puddle Park has flooded a few times.

FYP :D

I'm sorry, I'll go to bed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evorg

thanks folks. I had a walk around there at the weekend. I walked from Drimnagh over the Harolds Cross. The area after Stanaway Rd seemed lovely but I am still a bit worried as they seem much cheaper than Harolds Cross so I just want to check! I might take a drive around at night as well, see what it feels like then.

I might stay clear of Poddle park if it has a history of flooding, plus it doesn't seem as nice as the other areas.

Are Blarney Park & Devenish in Crumlin or Kimmage?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

evorg wrote: »
    they seem much cheaper than Harolds Cross so I just want to check
    A lot of that is postal address snobbery: having D6w rather than D12 on the end means you can throw a few extra grand on the asking price for no good reason.
    evorg wrote: »
    Are Blarney Park & Devenish in Crumlin or Kimmage?
    I would regard Stannaway as the dividing line, so Kimmage, though YMMV. I'm sure other people would regard Clonmacnoise Road or even Kildare Road as the point where Kimmage becomes Crumlin. But it's a bit like the postal address: it means very little to people apart from estate agents and snobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evorg

thanks. One of the recent houses posted on the Devenish Rd seems to be selling pretty cheap 174k, then saw it was sold in 2011 for 54k... strange:

http://www.myhome.ie/priceregister/61-devenish-road-crumlin-dublin-12-dublin-31389

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=664670

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

i spent most of my youth hanging around on devinish road:)... grew up on stannaway road. . there fine areas but if you want my opnion for safety as a woman on your own i would look more towards toungefield road , blarney park and poodle park is nice ... its poddle close u want to avoid , as regards kimmage road , unless you have off street parking i would avoid as parking is very resticted

hope this helps

Advertisement