Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posh Beggars

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah I was in Tesco buying a few beers the other day and a nicely dressed girl around my age or maybe a year or two older than me (I'm 18), comes up to me and says "Sorry would you have a spare 5er on you?" of course I look at her as if she has about 20 heads and she just goes "sorry it's just that I need wine?".........."What?! I don't care if you need wine - earn your own 5er!"
    That just has me thinking of the Simpsons: "Come on, my last paycheck bounced. My children need wine!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I for one, am delighted that beggar spent his begged money on fine clothes, good grooming and elocution lessons rather than tatty heroine or the like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

It has actually been proven by study on Brainiac (old tv show on sky one) that a well dressed person is more likely to recieve money, i.e., lost my wallet, can i have a few euro to get the bus/coffee etc, than a person who is dressed "like a skanger"

I was once in bus aurus in dublin, and a seemingly respectable woman(well dressed, well spoken) told me she had lost her purse and could I give her 2 euro to make up the rest of her bus fare. I gave it to her. then I watched as she asked about 10 more people the same question. I told the foreign security guard to kick her out but he pretended he had no english.

SamHall wrote: »
    Filling station last week in Naas.

Man approached me (Irish lad, well dressed) sorry, do you speak English?
    Says me, I do yeah?
    /produces some kinda i.d (with no photo) and says he needs a few euro for petrol to get him home to waterford.
    I say I'm at work mate, don't carry cash when I'm working.
    He asks if I've any loose change even? I say nope.

Watch him do this to about a dozen more people in the space of ten mins.

Then watch him drive off, in the Dublin direction.

:confused:

Cute hoors have just got cuter it seems.

I dont know, id feel a bit of a loser doing that, but some people have no dignity I suppose.

wolfpawnat wrote: »

I was approached by a guy in a suit one day asking "Would I care to donate a Euro to you?" in a posh accent.

You should have taken the euro from him :)

was approached by an old woman and man in dublin city centre, i need money for hospital bla bla bla.. i said sorry i have to...... and started walking away lol she roars at me have to what? and started roaring abuse at me. FCUK OFF never give beggers anything or chuggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Had a begger come up to me at the lights, was on my bike, he had a bluetooth device in his ear.

Sorry mate, not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

SamHall wrote: »
    Filling station last week in Naas.

Man approached me (Irish lad, well dressed) sorry, do you speak English?
    Says me, I do yeah?
    /produces some kinda i.d (with no photo) and says he needs a few euro for petrol to get him home to waterford.
    I say I'm at work mate, don't carry cash when I'm working.
    He asks if I've any loose change even? I say nope.

Watch him do this to about a dozen more people in the space of ten mins.

Then watch him drive off, in the Dublin direction.

:confused:

Cute hoors have just got cuter it seems.

I got this as well, from an itinerant. He says he and his family were stranded and needed some petrol money to get home. I looked at his 2012 Ford Transit van and just laughed and walked off

Advertisement