Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ipad/itunes (charged for duplicate purchases)

• 04-03-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi guys il try keep this short got the little lad a ipad for xmas. the other day he got the password and purchased games it all added up to €128 one of the games he purchased was bought 12 times and another 2 times as far as im aware you can only purchase 1 game for any device so basicly we have being charged 11 times more for that particular game ive sent my query about this to www.support@itunes.com but havent heard anything back would this be the right email address to contact them on thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,229 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you sure he didn't make in app purchases in a "free" app. It's not possible to purchase an app twice with the same apple id

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

My guess would be in App purchases as well, like coins, credits or game money. Just be aware that you don't need to enter the ID or password for these purchases, you can however block them in settings->general->restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

flyguy wrote: »
    My guess would be in App purchases as well, like coins, credits or game money. Just be aware that you don't need to enter the ID or password for these purchases, you can however block them in settings->general->restrictions.
    Generally you do but once the password is entered it can be done upto 15 mins later without a password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yeah just checked it and it seems you do need the password for in app purchases. However like you said if you've entered the password you can make more purchases within 15min without entering it again. This is the default setting which also can be charged (to immediately) in the same settings section I referred to earlier.
    There have been a few cases in the news were children ran up bills of a few hundred €/$ this way (in some cases refunded by apple).

• Advertisement
Advertisement