Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fixing a tap. diy or plumber?

• 04-03-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Recently my bathroom taps have become difficult to close properly. The hot tap now only turns about a half turn from closed to fully open. There was always a black residue around the top of the 'spindle' which, I thought was the washer wearing down?

I am now convinced the tap washers need replaced. Is this something I can do myself easily or should I get a plumber in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

DIY. A simple task. Probably loads of how to videos on YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Rather than replacing washers I would throw a pair of spindles in instead , especially when you say they are just opening half a turn , that would be spindles , not washers , still a D.I.Y job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Maybe a DIY job and simple enough if you can remove the valve body for replacement. In a lot of cases it may very difficult to unscrew the body without damage and compete replacement may be the only option.

Advertisement