Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build small problem

Options
  • 04-03-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I built my own computer Nov.2011 ( I am 74yrs old this year)

The components were
    ASUS P8 Z68-V mobo
    Intel i7 2600k processor
    750 watt power unit (Antec Gamer)
    120 GB SSD for programs
    1 TB WD hard drive for storage
    HP DVD Rewriter
    Windows 7
    Firewire port to rear
    4 *4gb ram (16gb) Cosair
    512mb graphics card a Nivida Quatro (as recommended for Video editing)
    And of coarse a suitable tower unit
    actually suitable for water cooling:rolleyes:

Perhaps a little O.T.T for the intended use ..but I would do it again and maybe I will. Fascinating stuff.

Problem firstly,
    The Virtu panel icon on the taskbar keeps going awol and I have to insert the driver disc and call up the option again to reinstall Lucia Logic.
    This feature allows me to choose the Int.graphics or the discrete card (Quatro)

I had heretofore choose the discrete (Quatro) when I done some Video Editing but the on screen function to choose one or the other sometimes goes AWOL as I have said

Would I be better off getting a new Graphics Card and disabling the Int. Graphics . Could any of you Guys recommend a suitable Card for V/Editing...and sure I might try a few games into the bargain.
    Is the AWOL problem because the SSD card is almost full.

I have tons of options with this Mobo ie extra PCI slots and a SLI bridge etc.
    I am only using one PCI slot at the moment.

Perhaps you guys out there can help...I am often amazed at the techno speak that is on boards .ie relating to Builds and the knowledge out there...

Cheers and thanks ahead....Lionel

Advertisement