Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Ernie O'Malley's books in chronological order?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

1. On another man's wound

2. The Singing Flame

3. Raids and Rallies

4. ...And the men will talk: Kerry

5. ....And the men will talk: Galway

Is this the right order at the moment I am reading The Singing Flame. I only read a small bit of On another man's wound for a book review in college.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Read on another mans wound first.

The last three you have listed there can be read in any order really.

How could you write a book review and not read the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

GRMA wrote: »
    Read on another mans wound first.

The last three you have listed there can be read in any order really.

How could you write a book review and not read the whole thing?

Grand and I am not writing a book review just self-interest really.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hardy buck salmon

I'd read On Another Man's Wound the The Singing Flame then it doesn't matter for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

On Another Man's Wound and The Singing Flame really are excellent books. I don't know how many times I've bought them to give as presents to people who were just starting to get interested in that period of Irish history. He had an incredible life story. Even if you exclude his participation in the revolutionary period what he got up to in America and the people he met during his literary career are amazing. I'd also recommend 'No Surrender Here!' The Civil War Papers of Ernie O'Malley 1922-1924 by Anne Dolan and Cormac O'Malley.

Advertisement