Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SMS

Options
  • 05-03-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just bought a new alarm system - HKC 1070. It seems to be a well regarded system on your forum and I was glad to be able to buy a product made in Ireland.
    I have a problem with the GSM and need some help. ( for starters?)

I have wired up some PIR's and some RF PIR's. I used the ID bus method for the wired PIR's as it is much simpler to wire. These work OK. I have also fitted an O2 Sim card (Pay as u go) and can set and unset the alarm by sending a text to the alarm.
    Unfortunatley, I cannot get the alarm to reply to my phone. Sending a STATUS request gives a <message sent> on my phone, but I get no reply from the alarm. Has anyone any idea what could be the cause of this problem?

When sending a test SMS from the alarm to my phone, I get <Testing number>....<Sending>.....<Call failed>
    I have set the PIN at 0000 and the O2 shop says it is disconnected.
    I bought the system in January with the latest GSM module attached to the main panel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You must remove the pin request from the sim completely. Do this by putting into a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr Ree

Thanks Fred
    I got the O2 shop to check that the PIN request was gone. He said it was.
    What I had not done on the HKC screen was remove the 0000 pin digits completely. I did this, but, it still made no difference.

On the positive side, I put in a bill pay SIM, complete with it's PIN number on the HKC screen and it worked OK - arming, status, test message etc. So the panel is in good order.

I will buy a new SIM, remove the PIN request and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr Ree

Last update on this problem ....

Got new SIM and installed it.
    Now getting notifications from the HKC. But cannot sent commands to the HKC. This is the opposite of the earlier situation.
    Very confusing.

I then went to register the new SIM with O2 on line. This came to a deadend when the registration process requested a code that was sent to the new SIM card. I was not able to access this code. ( no pay as u go phone)

So... it was back to the O2 shop and after about 10 minutes on the phone to O2 the shop assistant had my new SIM registered on line.

Refitted the SIM in my HKC and everything worked - sending requests and notifications in return, magic, literally:)

Therefore, to fit SIM, remove PIN request, register SIM with O2 and spend 10 minutes talking to an O2 helpline. or was this just a coinsidence?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the update. I'm sure it will help others.

Advertisement