Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A heartfelt thank you..

Options
  • 05-03-2013 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭

.. to the taxi man on Sunday morning last, at 4am, who - when I asked for the quickest route to St.James' from Rathfarnham (as I was in a panic and having a blank) - said I'd be faster following him.

He turned his car around and drove ahead of me leading all the way to St.James' and then headed on.

In my haste I didn't get his reg or taxi number but his genuine act of kindness meant that rather than me getting lost, I was able to get to the hospital in time to be there for someone that needed me.

I only got to flash my lights in thanks, but maybe someone reading this might know him or might be a taxi driver and word of mouth might get a thanks back to him.

Really goes to show there are little angels about, and that human kindness can still be found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That is class! Nice one Mr Taxi-driver! :)

s-p, I hope all was OK in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Where to is a Boards regular that has a finger on the pulse of all things Taxi. He might have an input to the Taxi grapevine.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Fair play to him. Good to see decent skins out there willing to go out of their way to help someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sure weren't you all told they were a great bunch of lads.....did you listen !!

Advertisement