Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer - The Academy - 10th June

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It's only extortionate in that it's not the proper line-up. They are big rockstars, in the twilight of their career and big acts charge at least €40...... a popular act charging people for an 'intimate' opportunity usually costs more, you'd think they were pullin a streisand. They've only ever really played small venues here anyhow

if they've become such grubbers I'm surprised they are bothering the expenses stopping off here at all for a crowd that small, so work it out.

I disagree so I'll leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

agreed, this issue of 90% their earnings going elsewhere is indeed extortionate

and maybe the main reason I won't be coughing up, bad enough as it is lombardo finding himself out of the group over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Surely if they have 2 dublin shows booked would they not be better just to book the Olympia for one night?

People won't pay €50 for crap seats at a Slayer gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

People won't pay €50 for crap seats at a Slayer gig.
    Seats?

Seats?

If it were in the Olympia. I was quoting Furious.

• Advertisement

If it were in the Olympia. I was quoting Furious.
    Understood. I was just imagining a quiet, seated crowd at a Slayer gig. :D

I imagine a lot of their big arena shows US have lots of seats >_< That'd suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Adrift

Lads, Slayer haven't changed their ticket prices that much over the past 15 years. This complaint comes up every time.

The tickets to see them in the Ambassador in 2005 were €44

To see them in the SFX in 2000 it was €35

Their fee hasn't changed so get over it. To see a similar sized band costs the same here, Megadeth charge around the 44 mark as well. This is hardly news people!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think seeing them in such a small venue will be the business. Make no mistake, these shows will sell out straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Adrift wrote: »
    Lads, Slayer haven't changed their ticket prices that much over the past 15 years. This complaint comes up every time.

The tickets to see them in the Ambassador in 2005 were €44

Their fee hasn't changed so get over it. To see a similar sized band costs the same here, Megadeth charge around the 44 mark as well. This is hardly news people!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think seeing them in such a small venue will be the business. Make no mistake, these shows will sell out straight away.

Exactly!! I was at the Ambassador gig and it was around the same price as this (one of the best gigs I was ever at too :D)

Anyway if ye think those prices are steep I imagine ye'd die of heart failure at ticket prices out here in Aus, you'd be looking at $80-$100 easily for a mediocre act, Black Sabbaths show in April cost $150 a ticket!!

Adrift wrote: »
    I can't remember how much it cost to see them in '94... :o

Whatever happened to the SFX? That was a great venue for Slayer, really suited their sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Haven't seen such a good lineup for a Slayer tribute band in a while, so have ticket paid, and hoping it'll be a good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

the_syco wrote: »
    Haven't seen such a good lineup for a Slayer tribute band in a while, so have ticket paid, and hoping it'll be a good show!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm looking forward to coming back to Dublin for a few days in the Summer for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got tickets for tuesday... looks like its selling out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

scudzilla wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Tom, Kerry & co? Maybe the tickets should be half price :pac:
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    Got tickets for tuesday... looks like its selling out quickly.
    Northern lads said the Limelight sold out in 2 minutes, so tickets are going slowly in comparison :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

the_syco wrote: »
    Tom, Kerry & co? Maybe the tickets should be half price :pac:

Northern lads said the Limelight sold out in 2 minutes, so tickets are going slowly in comparison :pac:

Ah everything is relative aint it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Testament1 wrote: »
    Anyway if ye think those prices are steep I imagine ye'd die of heart failure at ticket prices out here in Aus, you'd be looking at $80-$100 easily for a mediocre act, Black Sabbaths show in April cost $150 a ticket!!

Everything in OZ is ridiculously expensive. They're in the middle of a big bubble. It's unsustainable but at least they have big natural resources to fall back on rather than the construction industry/property.

Anyway, I wouldn't pay €50 to see half of Slayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

Well I got my ticket for the Monday, will be seeing them at bloodstock aswell, can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I... can't fcuking believe it.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

from texts and facebook and phone calls, it's like a friend is dead...I suppose when you're a die hard fan for 24 years it is like knowing someone...very sad news.

Advertisement