Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), Mar 8-10, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dfx- wrote: »
    airtricity-logo.jpg

[SIZE="3"]Premier Division[/SIZE]

All games are 7.45 PM KO unless otherwise stated.

Friday, March 8th, 2013

Bohemians v UCD - Dalymount Park

Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers - Oriel Park

Derry City v Sligo Rovers - Brandywell

Bray Wanderers v Shelbourne - Carlisle Grounds

St. Patrick’s Athletic v Drogheda United - Richmond Park

Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Limerick FC v Cork City - Thomond Park - Live on RTÉ, 5.15pm KO

[SIZE="3"]First Division[/SIZE]

Friday, March 8th, 2013

Waterford United v Finn Harps - RSC

Salthill Devon v Longford Town - Drom

Saturday, March 9th, 2013

Cobh Ramblers v Wexford Youths - St. Colman's Park

Athlone Town v Mervue United - Lissywoollen

General info

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish-soccer/

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/

Monday Night Soccer - Mondays at 7.00pm on RTÉ Two & RTÉ.ie (Worldwide)

Try out a game near you. Click a fixture link for stadium detals.

See club sites for ticket info:

Shamrock Rovers FC
    Shelbourne FC
    St Patrick's Athletic
    Sligo Rovers
    Bray Wanderers
    Cork City
    Derry City
    Drogheda United
    Dundalk FC
    UCD AFC
    Bohemians
    Limerick FC

Wexford Youths
    Longford Town
    Athlone Town
    Finn Harps
    Salthill Devon
    Mervue United
    Waterford United
    Cobh Ramblers
    Beautiful thread dfx. stovelid would most definitely approve.

Nice easy game against Rovers to kick off our season. 1-1 draw I reckon. Actually think we have a decent enough squad. Up front is a slight concern but I reckon we have enough for a top half finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good to see these threads back! Bray away to kick off our season.

Hoping I won't be made into a part-timer with work this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bray were 2/1 in some places yesterday :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pighead wrote: »
    Nice easy game against Rovers to kick off our season. 1-1 draw I reckon. Actually think we have a decent enough squad. Up front is a slight concern but I reckon we have enough for a top half finish.

Should be an entertaining game in the away section given the current management at Dundalk, come what may...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hard to get too excited about UCD :o 3 points would be a welcome start to the season though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

1000 post, was waiting for the thread for ages. Since midway through last season at the rate Rovers were going.

Rather being at home for the first game of the season but love Dundalk away. Should be a good game, the first games of the season or a bit of a cup atmosphere in Ireland. The squads are usually new and no one really knows whos going to be good.

Im going to go with a rovers win, by two goals, but it could go either way.

Derry vs Sligo is pick of the ties. Should have been the televised fixture, although im sure Derry are thankful its not.

Are any teams playing home games on saturdays this year or all friday KOs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Trappatoni going to Richmond Park on Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Trappatoni going to Richmond Park on Friday night.

Reckon he heard about the Pizzas?

Drogs at home, we have been flying preseason vs LSL teams think we scored 40, rubbish vs Glens.

Drogs 1st last season to cop onto us and put a man on Chambers, interesting to see how they line out. Have to hope for a win 1st game at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ebbs wrote: »
    1000 post, was waiting for the thread for ages. Since midway through last season at the rate Rovers were going.

Rather being at home for the first game of the season but love Dundalk away. Should be a good game, the first games of the season or a bit of a cup atmosphere in Ireland. The squads are usually new and no one really knows whos going to be good.

Im going to go with a rovers win, by two goals, but it could go either way.

Derry vs Sligo is pick of the ties. Should have been the televised fixture, although im sure Derry are thankful its not.

Are any teams playing home games on saturdays this year or all friday KOs?
    We'll be sticking with Saturdays when RTE allows us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good to see these threads back! Bray away to kick off our season.

That would be something, which will happen to me anyway :confused:

Anyway, glad the league is back :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

I'm unlikely to make it to Derry but I'm hoping for a win considering we had a handy enough game on Monday compared to Derry

Trip to the seaside on Friday, can't wait to get back into it.

Does it matter we've assembled a team of hatchet men, a manager who abuses the fans, a board whe seem incompetent?

Not for those 90 minutes on a Friday it doesn't.

Few beers, batterburger and curry chip, football's back baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Happened me last season, I made aout 7/8 games all season. Following a club from a computer screen/phone is horrendous, fair play to all exiles who do it regularly. Message boards and text updates refreshed every 30 secoonds, sometime I'd be lucky to get a stream if it was on the tellybox. Missed my first Rovers match in about 8 years, couldn't believe it. Haven't been on an away in over a year since Portadown in the Sellotanta in February last year.

I've somehow managed to change around hours to make the first 5 games, after that who knows..

P.S - For any Bohs/Rovers on here, looks like our game in the 3rd series is going to be the Bank Holiday Monday (18th) with a 1pm kick-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

As a Pats fan, not lookin forward to the new season. More new faces in. Will take time for the team to gel. Will be flying in July/Aug and then come a cropper in the last 5-6 games of the season, not forgetting our usual cup heart ache on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Hard to get too excited about UCD :o 3 points would be a welcome start to the season though.

Be very nice to start with a win, as I fear they will be pretty hard to come by this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Delighted to see these threads finally back. It's been too long.

Expecting a score draw against Drogs, with Pats dominating, but being unable to break Drogheda down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why is the Limerick v Cork game on in Thomond? It'll look very odd with about 1500 people at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

fullstop wrote: »
    Why is the Limerick v Cork game on in Thomond? It'll look very odd with about 1500 people at the game.

Limerick are playing at Thomond this season while Markets Field is fixed up for them to move into next season.

I'd guess there will be around 2500-3000 there on Sunday.

What were Limerick's attendances like last season?

• Advertisement

What were Limerick's attendances like last season?

734 estimated on the attendances thread foot does have.

but they are playing Foras this week, and Foras always have decent crowds, so expecting 6-70k at this one.

#standingroomonly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Expecting a score draw against Drogs, with Pats dominating, but being unable to break Drogheda down.
    Expect that myself. But I don't think Pats will be as dominant as the match in Inchicore last season where we won 2-0 thanks to the two goalkeepers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually a bit optimistic for the season ahead. Going to push for European place hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Missing Fridays match vs Pats but looking forward to having Friday nights back! Drogs haven't done well on opening nights recently. Hoping that changes Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

markc1184 wrote: »
    Missing tomorrows match vs Pats but looking forward to having Friday nights back! Drogs haven't done well on opening nights recently. Hoping that changes tomorrow.

Can't blame you for not going tomorrow, you'd be a tad early :pac:

- bo - wrote: »
    Can't blame you for not going tomorrow, you'd be a tad early :pac:

Haha. Well spotted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Athlones season started put back a day so as not to clash with Ireland U20 rugby match.
    Hard to know what the Roddy factor will add to the attendance (average last season around 250-300) cos there seems to be very little hype or interest locally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

but they are playing Foras this week, and Foras always have decent crowds, so expecting 6-70k at this one.

#standingroomonly
    Was going to go to that but I'd make a poor stand in groom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

#standingroomonly

Yea i hope they get at least 6,000 through the gate. It a great novelty with the games been played there. i hope it doesnt wear off too quickly and they get a good support base behind them.
    im definetly going down for the Patricks match over Easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Raging I can't get to the Bray game, not a good start for the season, been waiting way too long. But its finally back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

This is like my first Christmas after being told Santa isn't real. Gonna miss it so much. :-(

Good luck to all for the season apart from when your playing Drogs! Stay safe!

Will Pats be doing commentary tonight?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Good luck to all for the season apart from when your playing Drogs! Stay safe!

Will Pats be doing commentary tonight?

I saw the usual SPA crew were testing last night, so I assume they have plans to.

• Advertisement

Getting all excited for later now :) Love the first game back. Going to be an unproductive day before leaving early :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

#standingroomonly

Holy jesus that's a big range in expectation. Surely if you hit your top end range it'd be a league record no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Happy 2013 Season to all LOI fans :D

May we all add some fantastic memories following our favourite club.

Forza Youths

dreamers75 wrote: »

Great article!

Decided to put it in my signature for a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Didn't think I'd be getting too excited for a UCD game as much as I am now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They should have a shield to present at the Brandywell since its a clash of the champions of the league and cup from last season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Heading down tomorrow night to the Athlone game to see how Roddy gets on, cant see him doing much :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would love to be heading to the Brandywell tonight, unfortunatly would never make it in time. Surprised its not the televised match, first game for the League Champions and cup winners and all that.

Unfortunatly wont make the first home game either as match is on a Saturday and not televised (at present).

:(

irish-stew wrote: »
    Would love to be heading to the Brandywell tonight, unfortunatly would never make it in time. Surprised its not the televised match, first game for the League Champions and cup winners and all that.

Unfortunatly wont make the first home game either as match is on a Saturday and not televised (at present).

:(

You probably know already, but Ocean will have commentary of all the away games again this season. Not sure if they have been talking about it on there as I never listen.

Danny North will be one of the commentators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

LOI is back and so is the rain.

Typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    You probably know already, but Ocean will have commentary of all the away games again this season. Not sure if they have been talking about it on there as I never listen.

Danny North will be one of the commentators.

Oh I'll have the commentary on in the car tonight, hopefully will be better than the dire occasional commentary of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It'll be dry they said. Be grand they said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bah, sunshine is overrated

Thankfully though Rovers aren't playing in Bray tonight..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

dfx- wrote: »
    Bah, sunshine is overrated

Thankfully though Rovers aren't playing in Bray tonight..

But isnt the Dundalk away section uncovered?

Looking forward to the match tonight in Richmond. A lot will depend on how the Drogs play I think if they sit back and defend then I think the match will end in a draw but if the drogs try to play an open game then im fairly confident that we will win.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

That_Guy wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd be getting too excited for a UCD game as much as I am now. :pac:

Exact same feeling here, can't wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement