Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 1), Mar 8-10, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

By the way, Bray also have a VW on their kit. How many is that? 4 or 5?

Did SPA get a sponsor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Did SPA get a sponsor?

They did last season. No hopping on the bandwagon there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did SPA get a sponsor?

5 VW

We have nothing at the moment.

"Someone" seen this https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEtK8ihCYAEohZY.jpg:large

Unlikely to be real. But hey nowt wrong with a fake jersey, all the cool clubs have them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

covered the pats game as part of a new job.. They controlled it completley. Drogheda were very poor and Pats lacked a cutting edge. Good atmosphere too!

Oh yeah, pretty large travelling support in Bray, I'd say there were close to 2k there.

covered the pats game as part of a new job.. They controlled it completley. Drogheda were very poor and Pats lacked a cutting edge. Good atmosphere too!

Dunno about that they contained us very well, tbh it was a hard fought victory. They are ****ers to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Excellent game in Oriel Park this evening despite the lack of goals. Both teams played some beautiful one touch football. We dominated the first half without creating a whole lot with Towell pulling the strings from midfield.

After about an hour Rovers started to push us back and they had most of the play for the last half hour. They missed a peno which was quite enjoyable. They could of won it right at the end but one of our heroes took a hit for the team and dragged him down just outside the area. Straight red card.

All in all I was very pleased with the team. Kenny has us playing some lovely stuff. Best I've seen in years. Just need to work on our final ball and create more chances. 2600 at the match this evening. Happy with that.

I didnt teach Massey that!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Playing surface at Richmond Park was very poor tonight. Cut up very easily.
    That said , Pats deserved their win. Drogs were bad.

That said , Pats deserved their win. Drogs were bad.

Pitch is ****ed, needs sunshine and lots of it.

game was nearly called off over surface water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Eldinho - Rovers legend in the making :cool:

729126.jpg

Nice to start with a win although we rode our luck at the end.

Ndo - Never retire, please! He's a different class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

From the fans up, our club is pretty much rotten to the core, and in serious need of change.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Ditto with Dalymount, not surprised we've been playing in Blanchardstown all pre-season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CSF wrote: »
    From the fans up, our club is pretty much rotten to the core, and in serious need of change.

LOL, we have been saying that about Shells since the Ollie Byrne days :)

Cork are getting media to apply for a Cork City Media pass....hahhahaha thats ****ing quality.

So if you have a official media pass from the fai it means fcuk all in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Not quite as comfortable under the hoof as last season but that'll come in time. We're better than last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cork are getting media to apply for a Cork City Media pass....hahhahaha thats ****ing quality.

So if you have a official media pass from the fai it means fcuk all in Cork.
    First FAI fine of the season so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Here's a beautiful short Irish film shot beautifully in HD with stunning sound quality. Watch out for it in local cinemas. It's called "Ah for fuck sake" and it is an inspirational story of good triumphing over evil.

"A cinematic masterpiece. 5 stars" Pighead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely disgraceful officiating at Dalymount tonight.
    Bad form by Chris Lyons to throw himself to the ground to win the penalty after just leaving UCD, even worse was that the linesman fell for it and to top it off the referee gave Langtry a red despite it being nowhere near a goalscoring opportunity.
    For our penalty, the Bohs keeper fouls McMillan 6 yards out and only gets a yellow.
    The mind boggles. Thought we were the better side until the red card.

Referee had a shocker. Looked a very soft penalty and would disagree with the red myself. Some of his calls against Bohs were awful. Blatant tugging of Karl Moore's shirt when he came on were ignored.

It was a tight enough game up until we got the penalty. Allowed UCD to completely dominate.

Second half we could and should have put the game to bed but just didn't take the chances on offer.

Not the prettiest game but a win is a win and nice to get off the mark. We've already improved our form from this time last season. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

729126.jpg

Actually made the trip in the road to watch this last night my first LOI game in years. Personally Didn't think the game was up to much. Credit has to go to the Sligo fans sang their hearts out most of the night, could hear them over the Derry fans most of the night.

The two best players of the night linked up to score the goal great pace down the wing and decent cross and tidy finish by Anthony Elding. He was great all night, won every single ball played up to him Derry just couldn't handle him for the most part.

Derry were very negative, seemed reluctant to play the ball forward but for the last 20 minutes seemed to play decent stuff, the ref IMO bottled it and denied Derry 2 penalties one of them was clear as day and had me off my seat shouting "penalty". The keeper cleaned out a City player who was through on goal. Derry had a shot cleared off the line late on too.

Anyway I enjoyed it, the passing was horrible but it wasn't as bad to watch as I was expecting. I'll will prob make a few more trip's into the Brandywell this season. Cheap as chips at £10 a ticket too.

The Bray left winger Kieran Marty Waters is a good, fast tricky fella, he'll be with one of the bigger Dublin sides before long imo.

He's letting a bit of simulation creep into his game though, Devlin needs to get that under control.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Fantastic return to the league for Cobh, up 3-0 against Wexford and it's not even half time (C. Meade, A. O'Flynn, J. Meade) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

marno21 wrote: »
    Fantastic return to the league for Cobh, up 3-0 against Wexford and it's not even half time (C. Meade, A. O'Flynn, J. Meade) :)

my bloody bet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

729126.jpg

Nice jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cobh now 4-0 up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Actually made the trip in the road to watch this last night my first LOI game in years. Personally Didn't think the game was up to much. Credit has to go to the Sligo fans sang their hearts out most of the night, could hear them over the Derry fans most of the night.

The two best players of the night linked up to score the goal great pace down the wing and decent cross and tidy finish by Anthony Elding. He was great all night, won every single ball played up to him Derry just couldn't handle him for the most part.

Derry were very negative, seemed reluctant to play the ball forward but for the last 20 minutes seemed to play decent stuff, the ref IMO bottled it and denied Derry 2 penalties one of them was clear as day and had me off my seat shouting "penalty". The keeper cleaned out a City player who was through on goal. Derry had a shot cleared off the line late on too.

Anyway I enjoyed it, the passing was horrible but it wasn't as bad to watch as I was expecting. I'll will prob make a few more trip's into the Brandywell this season. Cheap as chips at £10 a ticket too.

Good to hear you didn't have a bad experience at the Brandywell Homer, and I do hope you manage to get along to a few more games this season, we could be doing with every paying spectator!

I don't think we deserved the points last night, but a few guys were being played out of position and we seemed to lack a bit of fitness, with Sligo appearing sharper than us. But no disgrace losing to the league champions, and we will improve as some of the new players, and some of those missing, settle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great return to the league for Cobh. Congratulations to them.

Bad start for Athlone, looked like they need time to gel, Mervue with the better chances, point flattered the Town, despite having most the play, lacking creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Raf32 wrote: »
    Bad start for Athlone, looked like they need time to gel, Mervue with the better chances, point flattered the Town, despite having most the play, lacking creativity.

Did any of the Pats lads play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

208494_549773381724214_1636573949_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Eddie Rocketts are in the Brandywell too?:pac:

kksaints wrote: »
    Did any of the Pats lads play?

Coombes played tonight, wasnt great but no-one was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going to be a long season...

On the plus side, very sizeable away crowd in the Carisle Grounds.

Going to be a long season...

On the plus side, very sizeable away crowd in the Carisle Grounds.

Your clubs twitter account is hilarious :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Big queue outside Thomond, don't think I'll be in for kick-off

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wonder what the attendance is for this?

Hate the fact that LOI referees seem to actively be out to slow the flow of the game down by never playing advantage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

SantryRed wrote: »
    Wonder what the attendance is for this?

A lot, I don't think they expected this much as it took an age to get in, after queuing for tickets we had to queue to be frisked. First time in Thomond, it's a great view.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The goals look terrible has to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Axel looks a great player but he will frustrate a lot. Wish I was there today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Melion wrote: »
    Axel looks a great player but he will frustrate a lot. Wish I was there today :(

Axel Boss is the best LOI name since Max Cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

We had goals like these.

At summer camp when I was 10.

I don't see what's wrong with the goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

"I don't go to League of Ireland games 'cos the goalposts look sh*t"

Moveable goals, nothing wrong with them. Two posts a crossbar and a net, what more do you want??

This interviewing the manager during the game bollocks is set to continue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

They're temporary goals. what do people expect!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

They're temporary goals. what do people expect!?
    Jumpers if the FAI had their way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Those goalposts are not UEFA approved. Surprised to see them in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

3518 attendance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

3578 is the attendance today. Would have been considerably more were it not for the awful scheduling I would think

Advertisement