Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Brisbane to Perth

Options
  • 05-03-2013 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Myself and a mate have decided to Drive from Brisbane to Perth. At the beginning we were going to take the shortest route possible but have decided now that we will go by sydney/melbourne/ adelaide along the coast line. its approx 5500km. I am just wondering has anyone on boards ever done this drive before and any recommendations eg, sightseeing, places to stay away from, places to stay the night to take a shower etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

did Sydney to Perth with 2 kids in tow , the best thing we did. Too many things to do and see to list them , do some research .
    It is a long long drive but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Myself and a mate have decided to Drive from Brisbane to Perth. At the beginning we were going to take the shortest route possible but have decided now that we will go by sydney/melbourne/ adelaide along the coast line. its approx 5500km. I am just wondering has anyone on boards ever done this drive before and any recommendations eg, sightseeing, places to stay away from, places to stay the night to take a shower etc.

We did that trip in reverse pretty much. Loads to see and do, Albany, Esperance in WA, the Nullarbor is an experience Melbourne is amazing, great nightlife. We didn't really plan it too much, just stopped where we thought was nice. We probably missed a few things along the way because of that, still an amazing trip. Took us about 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Never done it myself but did do Cairns to Melbourne which is about 3000km going the coast. Australian roadtrips are a brilliant experience if you give yourself plenty of time and allow for little detours along the way. We stopped in Byron Bay for a few days, took a detour out to Nimbin which is pretty surreal. Stayed down around Coogee in Sydney for another few days and a few random towns along the way. Can't remember half of them.

Advertisement