Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for logo design for a business?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭maria_81

I'm pretty useless at graphic design myself.

The thing I liked about logotournament.com was that it threw up totally new ideas. For one of the logos we got done, the concept was actually very clever, something we never would have thought of. So, we got a good design and an excellent concept all in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nadia88

Any thoughts on GB Logo Design? http://www.gblogodesign.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

nadia88 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on GB Logo Design? http://www.gblogodesign.co.uk/

Look like standard sub-contracted-to-indian-designer logos.... even if they do claim to have in-house UK based designers I highly doubt all their workers are based there.

Dont get me wrong if you provide decent input, you can get decent output from any designer. But I don't see anything thats any better than I normally pay $30 for (and I get unlimited concepts and revisions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 nadia88

was.deevey wrote: »
    Look like standard sub-contracted-to-indian-designer logos.... even if they do claim to have in-house UK based designers I highly doubt all their workers are based there.

Dont get me wrong if you provide decent input, you can get decent output from any designer. But I don't see anything thats any better than I normally pay $30 for (and I get unlimited concepts and revisions).
    Thanks. I desperately need a logo designed for a new construction company, which needs to convey a professional image. I've also been looking at http://www.graphicdesign-birmingham.co.uk/why-us who will charge £240.00 for 6 concepts and 2 revisions. Any thoughts on them? I have a good idea of what I want, but I'd prefer to do it once and be happy with the end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Hi, I've recently used arc studios, very good to deal with.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARC-Studios/148490705166228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hi all.
    A logo is one element of your brand identity and should be treated as a investment. If you feel that your business does not deserve a professional logo then thats your choice. The problem with some of these $5 logos is most of them are formulated by non designers and if they happen to be designed by a "Designer" he or she does not value themselves as a designer and feels that's all they are worth $5. To form a well rounded logo there needs to be phases of research and sketching, just to pick a few, I doubt you'll get that for $5. The logo should be appropriate for the business and an extension of your brand values.

After taking a quick look at logo tournament there seems to be very few logos that will work for an app icon, will you then have to get another logo then.
    Forming a relationship with a professional designer with add value to your business in the long run. They can advice you with business and brand strategies and service design. Consumers are used to good design, and companies that put design and designers at the forefront will reap the benefits. That's why the biggest companies in the world preform so well: Apple, Google to name a few.
    Expect to pay around €500 -600 for this price you will get a robust set of logo guidelines to help to keep the consistency of you logo in all element of print or web.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

@ nadia88
    Hi
    I took a look at the site that you have the link to and my thoughts were the logo of her website is eligible and to me that does
    not give off a good impression. But this is your choice!
    Good luck with it

Advertisement