Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone deal for me ma!

Options
  • 05-03-2013 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just looking for any suggestions on a cheap or free phone for my mam. She has experience with an android tablet so would like to keep to android. I want to keep it pretty simple but would still like the phone to have a decent enough camera and performance. I don't want it overcomplicated on stock so no gimmicks etc.

She's currently with o2 spending about 40eur a month on PAYG so I'm sure would be happy to pay €40 (preferably less) on a plan if it meant getting a free phone and more minutes/texts than she'd usually get out of €40 credit. A bit of data too so she doesn't end up being shocked with any bills.

A few of her most frequently contacted people are on o2 also and they are getting free or cheaper calls to her, so would like to stay on o2 if possible so there's no problems there.

Any feedback or suggestions appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

emobile doing the E32 pm for unlimited calls and texts and unlimited landline calls plus 15gb pm data.you could also pick a pgone to suit as you'd be on bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wow, just seen that deal:
    Unlimited calls and texts to any network anytime, unlimited calls to all landlines plus 15GB of data.
    eircom customer
    30 days SIM only €32/month
    18 months €64/month
    12 months €69/month
    non eircom customer
    30 days SIM only €32/month
    18 months €74/month
    12 months €79/month

Half price online exclusive
    Half price for life on SIM Only, now only €32 a month when you sign up online.

Has to be a catch??

EDIT: have just seen lycamobile offer a similar deal for €20 a month.

I'm on a Vodafone business plan, €65 a month for 500 worldwide texts, 500 worldwide minutes and 2gb data which I thought was excellent, but the above two deals sound even better, but I need reliability, great signal and great coverage, so I'd be hesitant to move provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

no catch, I signed up to it,the only extra you pay for is the premium numbers like 1850....

What about international calling?

Why did you go for that over the lyca mobile deal for 20eur?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

cormie wrote: »

Cant seem to find that offer, pehaps you would be good enough to link me to it please.

• Advertisement

Didn't read too much into it so not sure what the requirements and limits are: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056784433

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

cormie wrote: »

That deal is gone.

€29 now.

Ok thanks, I think it turned out that she only "spends" €20 and this gives her an extra €20 credit or something so maybe the emobile deal is a good compromise on this but I was hoping to get her a basic but reliable android phone thrown in too if she was to sign up for a contract..

Advertisement