Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the easiest way to get microsoft office?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was wondering what is the easiest way to get Microsoft office for free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Microsoft Office is not available for free. The free alternatives would be OpenOffice or Libra Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stephen drohan

i thought ytou could download a free months trial with your email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

i thought ytou could download a free months trial with your email address?

One month free trial Office 365.

Two months free trial Office 2013 Professional Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Office 365 can be had for about €10/mo on a per month basis or €99 annually, for up to 5 PCs, and includes Skype international minutes.

I underestimated the convenience of having an email address/office/skype account/cloud/PC storage all synced up to one ID. But I could see how that might make some people (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) wince a little bit :pac:

More pertinently to the topic at hand, the fact is that right now Office is far easier to get legitimately than through illegitimate means. Even if you just want the trial version, you'll be up and running in minutes, not hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Overheal wrote: »
    I underestimated the convenience of having an email address/office/skype account/cloud/PC storage all synced up to one ID. But I could see how that might make some people (^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) wince a little bit :pac:

Underestimating again, are you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

tescos is an easy place to get office buy the card and download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

I was wondering what is the easiest way to get Microsoft office for free?

Boards is not the place to seeking illegal advice, which asking for torrented software is !!! Get open office, yuou'll get imitation Excel, MS Word etc, and it's much better than the paid version, legal too .. and won't risk ****ing up your computer with a dodgy download

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Boards is not the place to seeking illegal advice, which asking for torrented software is !!! Get open office, yuou'll get imitation Excel, MS Word etc, and it's much better than the paid version, legal too .. and won't risk ****ing up your computer with a dodgy download

In fairness, op clarified they meant a trial edition, so no issues there :) . But yes Open Office (or I recommend the continuation of the project Libreoffice) would suffice and not restricted to a trial period :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

TBF, I like MSO better than OO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Overheal wrote: »
    TBF, I like MSO better than OO

That's an awful lot of abbreviations! :D

I'm unsure. I use LibreOffice at home (whenever I rarely need to) and MS Office in Work. I have found some formatting problems when bouncing between the 2, more so if I have an original document in Libre Writer, and open it with MS Word than the other way around.

But other than that, I don't really notice any difference. I'm not a heavy user though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement