Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Grandfathers Transition Coming Back To Life

Options
  • 05-03-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Yes its that time of year again to go cutting the turf.

I see more and more people heading back to the sláne as its much cheaper, plus the turf wont be inside a big wet bog whole :D

So is there many people going back to the sláne here, or is there anyone on here ever seen a bog :p

Or what are yer views on it, has anyone here cut by sláne before.

Do ye think price is high to pay a contractor to come in and cutting to turf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

DonR8 wrote: »

I see more and more people heading back to the sláne as its much cheaper, plus the turf wont be inside a big wet bog whole :D

So is there many people going back to the sláne here, or is there anyone on here ever seen a bog :p

I am someone who has only ever seen bogs from cycling alongside them on previous cycling challenges.

I am someone who only knows what you are referring to here from hearing stories from my dad and others.

I am someone who has never set foot on a bog in my life, and not likely to either tbh.

So, I am just someone who answered one of your queries, yet not at all helpful in this instance I am sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I am someone who has only ever seen bogs from cycling alongside them on previous cycling challenges.

I am someone who only knows what you are referring to here from hearing stories from my dad and others.

I am someone who has never set foot on a bog in my life, and not likely to either tbh.

So, I am just someone who answered one of your queries, yet not at all helpful in this instance I am sure :)

some Kerry people aren't made for the bog ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

some Kerry people aren't made for the bog ha :D

You can say that again! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The townies are too scared to wander into the forbidden zone.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭DonR8

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The townies are too scared to wander into the forbidden zone.:eek:

sure the bog would make men out of them ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sure the bog would make men out of them ha

One false step in the bog and they'd never be seen again.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

599604_318767754896776_1052160279_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kerryphoto

Hi Donr8
    Would love to know where turf is being cut by slane, could you PM some details to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Jeez, I was born and raised in the Bronx and I've been to the bog. Where was it? Down the Tralee road? Anyway, I remember coming back from the bog going along the Listowel Road. I remember it being really boring (I was just a kid, after all). And I remember stopping for "the dinner" that included drinking tea out of mineral bottles, sitting on top of the load of turf with an empty pig meal bag under me to keep my jeans half-way clean, and I remember turf dust getting in my eyes again and again and again.

Advertisement