Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeping on tattoo

Options
  • 05-03-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So Its been 5 days since I got my thigh tattoo and its still quite sore but I was told not to sleep on it but its on the side I sleep on so its driving me a lil mad sleeping on my left side. So do I have to wait till its fully healed?? Iv never had this issue before because of placements. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You can sleep on it, nothing will go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 missymunchkin

That's what I thought but was thinking care instructions had changed since my last one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

So Its been 5 days since I got my thigh tattoo and its still quite sore but I was told not to sleep on it but its on the side I sleep on so its driving me a lil mad sleeping on my left side. So do I have to wait till its fully healed?? Iv never had this issue before because of placements. :)

Same problem with my back, haven't had a good nights sleep in a week :D can't even sleep on my side cos it comes round nearly onto my ribs both sides.
    Even worse than that is my little girl who wakes up and climbs in between us in the middle of the night and ends up sideways using my back as her foot rest :D

niallam wrote: »
    Same problem with my back, haven't had a good nights sleep in a week :D can't even sleep on my side cos it comes round nearly onto my ribs both sides.
    Even worse than that is my little girl who wakes up and climbs in between us in the middle of the night and ends up sideways using my back as her foot rest :D

I can totally relate, my 2 year old keeps running into it or if He climbs into bed He uses my thigh as a foot rest and tries to kick it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

I can totally relate, my 2 year old keeps running into it or if He climbs into bed He uses my thigh as a foot rest and tries to kick it :O

He he you gotta love the little fockers :pac:

• Advertisement

getting the rest of my tattoo finished tomorrow. cannot wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 K.r.a.t.o.S

I'd recommend you tough it out tell it's fully healed. You may get away with sleeping on it, but there are possibilities of that causing something to go wrong. Staying off it may be a pain in the ass for now but it's a relatively short time of inconvenience compared to the lifetime of a well-healed tattoo.

thanks, this is an old thread that I updated. I did just tough it out :) and alls well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 K.r.a.t.o.S

Good to hear

Advertisement