Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a lunch place in Mullingar?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a favourite lunch spot they would happily recommend? Never been to Mullingar but will be there briefly in a few weeks time : ).
    Criteria: family friendly, moderately priced, but no chippers or chinese takeaways!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

There are a few choices.

The Mullingar Park Hotel is just off the dual carriage way. They do a buffet style lunch during the week and a full 3 course lunch on a Sunday. Lovely restaurant. (I don't think they do a lunch on a Saturday but there is some basic food available in the bar.) Maybe ring ahead to check?

The Annebrook Hotel in the centre of town and beside the town park (children's playground and swimming pool). Traditional carvery.

A new place in town is the Red Earth (clonmore industrial estste, near greyhound track). I have only been there once and I liked it. Food is good and a nice selection. Can be busy at lunch time so you might need to get there early.

Also busy at lunch time is The Bakery on Dominick street. Relatively new but has a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

the druids chair was lovely the last time i was there for a family meal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dr Sunshine

Weekdays - Cons pub in Dominick Street does a very good lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks all. BTW it will be a Saturday that I'll be there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Red Earth....yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

La Guitara do a great lunch menu, starter and main course with a drink/tea or coffee for €10. Think its 7 days a week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Bríoche.

yum, yum, yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Gorteen

La Guitara........... can't be beaten for service, quality and tatse

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I would avoid the Annebrook based on a previous stay there.
    I have eaten more than once in the The Druids Chair, The Bakery and JB's Steakhouse and have never been disappointed.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Danny Burns is always good nice cozy and great food.

• Advertisement
Advertisement