Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stag in Blessington

• 05-03-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just looking for the name of a few pubs in Blessington that would be suitable for a Stag for a good ole fashioned beering session. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Murphy's Bar (formerly The Lakes, formerly O'Connor's), is a great spot for a few scoops.
    Very popular with people wanting to watch a match, they've got a large screen and a few tellies round the bar. Great atmosphere, good beer and a nice bar menu.

West Wicklow House used to be great but it's gone very food-orientated, in my opinion, and I wouldn't go there for a pint.

Other than that, you've not got many other options.
    Mick Reid's is an old man's pub and very quiet.
    Miley's is a weird pub with a landlady who has a habit of coughing into your pint as she pulls it, and if you're not a regular you'll get looks when you walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ash2007

hi, it is a while since i was out in blesssington , but am from near there. You want to go to the west wicklow, have some good music/bands by times. And the lakes pub, good crack and has a nightclub downstairs ......now when i say nightclub don't get carried away!!! Is a basement with a tiny dance floor where everybody is quite drunk , and are delighted to do a bit of uncoordinated leaping around at the end of a night....good crack if you are up for a laugh...def not for posers!! enjoy the stag!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Interesting, never done a staggs in Blessington but have had many a pub crawl there. So basically your options are as follows:

West Wicklow House. As fussy says it's a very food orientated pub but later on once the food goes away they have some good bands and the atmosphere is usually good with no trouble.

Murphys. The only pub in the town with doormen. Tells you all you need to know. If you like your boxing live then it's the place to go. It also does have the "nightclub" downstairs which is somewhat of a running joke around the village. To say it's absolutely shocking wouldn't quite cut it.

Reids, I've not been in in a while but it was tweed jumpers and caps the last time I was there. Not a lively spot for a stags.

The Tudor which was renamed about two weeks ago to what I can't for the life of me remember is usually where myself and the lads end up. Nice relaxed place, solid pint. Not a lively music place but if you fancy a game of darts and entertain yourselves it's a grand spot.

Henneseys, only been in there about two times in my life. Didn't seem too bad but not a pub I'd usually consider going to on a normal night for some reason. Don't know why, just nothing really about the place.

Mileys, a spot where I do end up a couple of times. Hasn't been done up since the 60's. The landlady fussy refers to is Ethal (or however you spell it). Beware with her your drink up time at the end of a night is non existent. She's been in the process of handing me a pint, called time and taken it straight back off me! Funny old woman at times. If you're just looking for a few drinks, game of cards or whatever it's a grand spot. The lifeboat crew, football teams and what not tend to be found in there on a Saturday night where the dress code is pure jeans, t-shirt and runners, so if you go in dressed to kill you will be looked up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Nail Varnish Junkie

Thanks a mill everyone. We're going to Avon Ri first for a half-day's activities hence why we're heading into Blessington afterwards.

Advertisement