Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best price plan

Options
  • 05-03-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HI,
    During weekdays I am not home until 6pm and leave in the morning at 8am.  i also use storage heating but realy only need it for heating the water.
    Can you advise what is the best electric plan for me.
    thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi gcma,

I would need more information to best advise, but based on what you've said I would recommend our Valuesaver Nightsaver tariff, whereby you can get up to 10% off our standard electricity rates as a new or returning customer, or 6% off as an existing customer.

Storage heaters are energy intensive appliances and are best used in conjunction with a Nightsaver tariff (the night rate offers approx. 50% off the corresponding day rate - though there are increased standing charges. See here for more information). Are you already an Electric Ireland customer, and does your bill contain both day and night readings?

Also, as you mentioned that you only use the storage heaters to heat water, do you also have gas installed at the property? Dual-fuel customers (i.e. those that have both electricity and gas with Electric Ireland) are eligible for our best available offer: 10% off both fuels as either a new or existing customer. And returning customers that switch online also receive €25 extra off their bill.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just give us a shout.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gmca

Hi gcma,

I would need more information to best advise, but based on what you've said I would recommend our Valuesaver Nightsaver tariff, whereby you can get up to 10% off our standard electricity rates as a new or returning customer, or 6% off as an existing customer.

Storage heaters are energy intensive appliances and are best used in conjunction with a Nightsaver tariff (the night rate offers approx. 50% off the corresponding day rate - though there are increased standing charges. See here for more information). Are you already an Electric Ireland customer, and does your bill contain both day and night readings?

Also, as you mentioned that you only use the storage heaters to heat water, do you also have gas installed at the property? Dual-fuel customers (i.e. those that have both electricity and gas with Electric Ireland) are eligible for our best available offer: 10% off both fuels as either a new or existing customer. And returning customers that switch online also receive €25 extra off their bill.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just give us a shout.

Thanks,

David
    thx David.
    I am a new customer in a rented property and will be taking over the account from the landlady.  The mains box has a night and day meter.
    There is no gas heating at the property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks for getting back gcma,

The likelihood is that the property is already on a Nightsaver tariff, so all you need to do (when you move in) is the following:
    • Make note of the meter readings
    • Get the MPRN from your landlady
    • Contact us by phone (1850 30 50 90) or right here on Boards (by PM). You can also switch online or request a callback.

To be eligible for the Valuesaver Nightsaver priceplan (10% off our standard rates), you would need to sign up to direct debit.* Online billing is optional, and comprises 2% of the overall 10% discount.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

David

* For security reasons, we cannot accept bank details here on Boards; please contact our sales line 1850 30 50 90 or use the online switching application if you are signing up to a priceplan for which direct debit is mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gmca

Thanks for getting back gcma,

The likelihood is that the property is already on a Nightsaver tariff, so all you need to do (when you move in) is the following:

Make note of the meter readings
    Get the MPRN from your landlady
    Contact us by phone (1850 30 50 90) or right here on Boards (by PM). You can also switch online or request a callback.

To be eligible for the Valuesaver Nightsaver priceplan (10% off our standard rates), you would need to sign up to direct debit.* Online billing is optional, and comprises 2% of the overall 10% discount.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

David

* For security reasons, we cannot accept bank details here on Boards; please contact our sales line 1850 30 50 90 or use the online switching application if you are signing up to a priceplan for which direct debit is mandatory.
    thx David I have the details you requested: 
    • Make note of the meter readings

• Get the MPRN from your landlady
    I tried the PM link you posted but it gives me an unfound error 404 msg".  I also tried the callback msg yesterday but still have notreceived a call.  I would like to do the Valuesaver Nightsaver priceplan.  Can you resend me the PM link again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi gmca,

Sorry about the link error - that private message inbox should be accessible via the link to it in my signature, or you can private message me directly. David is not in today.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

gmca wrote: »
    I am a new customer in a rented property and will be taking over the account from the landlady.  The mains box has a night and day meter.
    There is no gas heating at the property.
    Your storage heating has nothing to do with the heating of your water. There will be a seperate timeswitch ( located in the locality of your emersion heating tank) that will heat your water. Just make sure that the time is correct. If you're on Nightsaver the timer will probably be preset to come on for 4 hours during the night, so once you have it switched to timed & you have the correct time set on it you don't have to do anything else, & you should have a full tank of hot water every morning. The timer activates the heating element for lower (bigger) part of the tank. You should also have a boost button/switch which is a 'top-up' & activates the heating element for the top (smaller) part of the tank, usually used if you have run out of hot water towards evening/nightime.

Advertisement