Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a workshop

Options
  • 05-03-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ive been asked to wire a workshop in a commercial premises , im just recently qualified and I work in maintenance so im not registered with reci to do the testing required at the end. If I do the work myself can I get someone in at the end to do the testing and fill in the required documentation?

I have not been down yet to take a look at the job so dont know whats required but just wondering whats the normal way to go about this. Would trunken around the top with drops of conduit down to sockets and light switches be best? Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Tow

What sort of workshop/What are they working on?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I think it's a motor rewind shop but I'm now to to sure. I've been asked to do it thru another person so I have no info. If it is I assume it's a 3 phase installation. I think they already have a main workshop and thus is a another shed out the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea trunking around the sides with steel drops would be the handiest:) and yea i do it all the time just get a mate with a cert to do the testing and sign the job off then its a gooden;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Tow

Have a look at the lighting (Lux) levels required for detailed work, it is quite high for a workshop. There are a number of web sites with details. Also, don't forget when using florescent tube lighting, the tubes should be wired to different phases across the room. While less important if modern HF ballasts are used, it reduces eye strain from the flickering and more importantly with motors, it prevents the optical illusion of a motor being turned off when it is spinning at the same frequency as the mains supply.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement