Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fault with phone on vodafone network- vodafone say no fault

Options
  • 05-03-2013 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend signed up to a 2 year contract with vodafone moving from ready to go, around 22nd of Feb and got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini.

Over the weekend the phone would reboot without warning and we saw this happen a number of times sometimes mid call, I'm sure there were other times it happened we didn't notice it .

She left the phone into the Grafton St. Store on the Tuesday to be repaired and finally got it back today only to be told the phone is fine there is no fault with it.

I know she's signed into a 2 year contract, but my opinion would be just hand the phone back if they're not willing to replace it and cancel the contract.

Has anybody had any experience of this before ? Can vodafone just dismiss a claim of a fault like that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

If it's an intermittent fault, it may be the case that they couldn't replicate the problem, hence the "no fault found".

Have you tried updating the software?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

juicet3rry wrote: »
    If it's an intermittent fault, it may be the case that they couldn't replicate the problem, hence the "no fault found".

Thanks, I will try that later see if there is an update available, but for the phone to be rebooting when not even a week old doesn't sound normal .

I think mobile phone companies used to swap out faulty phones within the first 28 days, if something went wrong. Has the fault reoccurred since it was returned from repair?

Your girlfriend may still be within the "cooling off" period within her contract, which means she could cancel the contract without penalty.

It might be best to give their customer care a call.

I think mobile phone companies used to swap out faulty phones within the first 28 days, if something went wrong. Has the fault reoccurred since it was returned from repair?

Your girlfriend may still be within the "cooling off" period within her contract, which means she could cancel the contract without penalty.

It might be best to give their customer care a call.

Yeah I'd heard about the swapping out too, Vodafone said would if they found a fault but they say didn't find one.

Customer care so far have been extremely poor, and the reason I haven't changed my phone/contract. After 5 days of no word on the phone after being told she'd hear back within the 5 days she went back to the store, for the manager to tell her there was no point in coming in asking that they'd ring here when it was looked at, and could be another 5 to 10 days. And he also said once you use the phone your cooling off period expires.

She only got the phone back at lunchtime so we'll see how it goes now. Just thought would have more rights than to be stuck with a phone for 18 months because store says they can't find a fault.

Ya, it sucks. The intermittent problems are the most frustrating as they are harder to diagnose.
    I had a quick google and it seems to be quiet common with those phones.
    Hope you get sorted out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Actually updating the software causes the issue.

Our work phones are basically useless now:
    http://www.android.gs/copy-paste-bug-reboots-samsung-galaxy-s3-galaxy-note-2-and-other-samsung-devices/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

1. That doesnt affect the S3 Mini
    2. That doesnt affect my Note 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

op if you can make a video of the fault using another phone and show that to the shop staff they will see the fault for themselves and should have no problem swapping the handset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Jasper79 wrote: »
    And he also said once you use the phone your cooling off period expires.
    That makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yeah, thats total crap.

• Advertisement

That makes no sense.

Yeah my GF said he was totally rude and obnoxious about the whole thing, and letter of complaint gone in about him.

Anyways to update, since the phone has come back it hasn't switched off once ( that's been noticed ) so hoping whatever the issue was is resolved.

Advertisement