Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to delete a dead gamer tag??

Options
  • 05-03-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey guys another xbl noob question I set up a xbl account years ago as "trev179" on the pc because its my usual gamertag for pc ps3 ect...

Now I can't remember the password I used or the email address I gave for it so had to set up another account that I actually use called "trev179 2" and its not a big deal but It does annoy me ocd'wise so if I can find a way to delete the original account can I change the newer one to "trev179"?

My apologies for my second stupid question but I promise its my last ha ha.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, I had a somewhat similar issue. You need to get into the old account, pay 800 MS points to change that gamertag to something else then spend 800 more MS points to change your current gamertag to trev179.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

Jesus that's a bit of a rip off isn't it, thanks for the advice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

trev179 wrote: »
    Jesus that's a bit of a rip off isn't it, thanks for the advice.

It does help to stop kids from changing their GT's all willy nilly though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

It does help to stop kids from changing their GT's all willy nilly though :D

Still though that's pretty cheeky of M$ , and I suppose I won't be able to buy just 1800 gamerpoints to do it lol

Advertisement