Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Actuator valve

• 05-03-2013 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Motor in actuator valve seems to be bust and need to get a new one. Can anyone tell me what is the make of the one in the Pic. Even getting up close to it I cant make out the brand and hope someone in the plumbing world might know. Might even be able to buy a replacement motor instead of changing the whole thing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭paddy_joe

foxirl wrote: »
    Hi all,

Motor in actuator valve seems to be bust and need to get a new one. Can anyone tell me what is the make of the one in the Pic. Even getting up close to it I cant make out the brand and hope someone in the plumbing world might know. Might even be able to buy a replacement motor instead of changing the whole thing.
    Thanks

Thats a pulsar one and they are gone bust. Say you will end up getting the whole thing. I dont know of any other motor to fit that one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Thanks for the "great" news Paddy Joe. Can I buy another one that will fit over the bolt which comes out of the valve or will I need to replace the valve inside the pipe. ie Is it a job for a plumber as I wouldnt be comfortabe draining the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Thanks for the "great" news Paddy Joe. Can I buy another one that will fit over the bolt which comes out of the valve or will I need to replace the valve inside the pipe. ie Is it a job for a plumber as I wouldnt be comfortabe draining the system.
    Yes it's a job for a plumber if your draining it down. It's a pulsar make alright. As far as I know chadwicks bought any remaining stock from pulsar so you could try them. But in fairness they are a sh1te motorised valve. If your changing I'd go for myson. What controls the motorised valve to open and close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hi all,

Thanks
    As Pulsar was a Grafton Group company, all their stock has been re-distributed to Chadwicks so you can buy them there.

Dtp79 wrote: »
    What controls the motorised valve to open and close?
    I have a 3 zone terrier timer.

• Advertisement

shane0007 wrote: »
    As Pulsar was a Grafton Group company, all their stock has been re-distributed to Chadwicks so you can buy them there.

Thanks - Will give Chadwicks a call tomorrow to see if they have them and get a price. Otherwise its a Myson as Dpt9 said above

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Yes it's a job for a plumber if your draining it down. It's a pulsar make alright. As far as I know chadwicks bought any remaining stock from pulsar so you could try them. But in fairness they are a sh1te motorised valve. If your changing I'd go for myson. What controls the motorised valve to open and close?

Will a myson actuator fit on the pulsar valve ? I am guessing not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Will a myson actuator fit on the pulsar valve ? I am guessing not.
    No I'm afraid they won't. Sorry. I just meant if you can't replace the valve head and are going to replace the whole valve I'd go with a myson

Advertisement