Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm doomed.

Options
  • 05-03-2013 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

My teacher lost my finished Childcare project. It's due this friday and she can't find it ... looks like an A in Home Eco is out of the question. Is there anything that can be done if a teacher loses YOUR FINISHED project?:l I think I have it saved on the USB, hopefully I do.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes there is. As with many things, you won't be the first person this happened to. There is a facility for the teacher (since she knows you did your project and has seen it) to sign a form for the SEC explaining what happened your project and if necessary estimating a mark for you.

Don't worry - it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

has she admitted she lost it? :L i think i would make her explain to them what happened and make sure you get your full marks for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

its time to emigrate bro

you might still make a decent life in the mines in OZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'm doomed? Fúck up. For a start it's the J.C which literally means nothing. It allows you to know what level you can do for L.C granted. When push comes to shove you can do whatever level you want in the LC. It's Home Ec. Grand you might think you're in for an A. Do you want to be a professional "I-got-an-A-in-Home-Ec-Junior-Cert" or do you want to be a professional in the real fúcking world? The latter isit? Good. Then cop the fúck on and dry up. It's a single mistake that means you mightnt get an A in a meaningless exam. Boo fúcking hoo. Ps santa isnt real

This exact problem happened to me 12 years ago, but in my case it didn't work out.

I did a project for CSPE in 2nd year in a recycling plant. I thought everything was fine until a few months before the JC when the school told me they lost my project. They told me I'd have to redo it, which wasn't really an easy task considering that it had been over a year since I was there. Ended up getting a D. I probably could have appealed it but since CSPE was a virtually useless subject at the time I didn't really bother.

The JC really isn't the end of the world so don't worry too much about it if you can't sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I'm doomed? Fúck up. For a start it's the J.C which literally means nothing. It allows you to know what level you can do for L.C granted. When push comes to shove you can do whatever level you want in the LC. It's Home Ec. Grand you might think you're in for an A. Do you want to be a professional "I-got-an-A-in-Home-Ec-Junior-Cert" or do you want to be a professional in the real fúcking world? The latter isit? Good. Then cop the fúck on and dry up. It's a single mistake that means you mightnt get an A in a meaningless exam. Boo fúcking hoo. Ps santa isnt real
    To be fair, one wouldnt know the JC was a load off ****e until after they did it. At the time its the most important exams of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

To be fair, one wouldnt know the JC was a load off ****e until after they did it. At the time its the most important exams of their lives.

Not really, I'm doing my JC in 2 months and i don't really care much for it, as long as i pass. I got all C's in my mocks. To be honest JC is just about how much memory you have in your brain. With a few exceptions on subjects such as English and Math.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Everyone calm down, she found my project (Thank God!). But out of interest, would I get full marks if she lost my project?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I already answered this. She would have to make an assessment of what it would have got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Everyone calm down, she found my project (Thank God!). But out of interest, would I get full marks if she lost my project?

Calm Down, CALM DOWN you tell us. After you titling the post I'm Doomed and we all coming to your rescue you tell us to CALM DOWN. Well I never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭marko747

Calm Down, CALM DOWN you tell us. After you titling the post I'm Doomed and we all coming to your rescue you tell us to CALM DOWN. Well I never.

Well if you had worked at,something that was going twords ur final result, you'd feel like that to, I'm sure.
    Glad to hear the teacher found it

Advertisement