Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to sell

• 05-03-2013 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm selling my GSX1400 at the moment and need to shift it within the next month. Basically I have it on adverts.ie, donedeal.ie and a couple of the Irish bike forums. Is there anywhere else that gets good coverage that I'm missing ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Maybe try Pistonheads, Somebody across the pond might be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If its priced right on Donedeal it'll shift - its a good time to be selling. Have you tried any of the dealers who advertise looking to buy bikes (JP on Pearse st. or Lee in Cork?). I sold a bike in six hours, two weeks ago...

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Maybe try Pistonheads, Somebody across the pond might be interested

Thanks I'll stick it up there as well.
    If its priced right on Donedeal it'll shift - its a good time to be selling. Have you tried any of the dealers who advertise looking to buy bikes (JP on Pearse st. or Lee in Cork?). I sold a bike in six hours, two weeks ago...

'c

To be honest I think I'd get robbed by a dealer on it so I won't bother with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

KTRIC wrote: »
    To be honest I think I'd get robbed by a dealer on it so I won't bother with them.

It looks spotless alright. Consider selling the luggage separately - you never get the value for this stuff when you sell it on the bike and it mightn't sweeten the deal if a buyer isn't bothered with touring.

'c

It looks spotless alright. Consider selling the luggage separately - you never get the value for this stuff when you sell it on the bike and it mightn't sweeten the deal if a buyer isn't bothered with touring.

'c

Yeah, think I might take it off and drop the price. I've put 15k into it altogether and would like to get at least half that back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats the thing with extra's you never get the money back on them, I reckon you might get a buyer from the UK alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Could you put the OEM parts back on and sell the bike like that?

Then sell the extras seperately??

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Thats the thing with extra's you never get the money back on them, I reckon you might get a buyer from the UK alright.

There is one on piston heads for about 4500 it kooks pretty clean and near enough milage on it also. It might not be as good as tricked out and tidy as ktrics but buyers won't see that.
    The way most people will see it is the same bike with the same milage for four grand cheaper unfortunately!

If memory serves me ktric you have tried yo sell this before?? Did it not shift??

Best of luck with the sale this time.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Could you put the OEM parts back on and sell the bike like that?

Then sell the extras separately??

Not do-able unfortunately. They're pretty much part of the bike. Its had engine work done that would be fairly prohibitive to undo.

leppla wrote: »
    There is one on piston heads for about 4500 it kooks pretty clean and near enough milage on it also. It might not be as good as tricked out and tidy as ktrics but buyers won't see that.
    The way most people will see it is the same bike with the same milage for four grand cheaper unfortunately!

If memory serves me ktric you have tried yo sell this before?? Did it not shift??

Best of luck with the sale this time.

The one on piston heads would work out about 6k to buy and import but its a lot lower in spec and with about 20k on the clock. Its also got a very crumpled tank judging by the second pic !!

I can see myself taking the luggage off at the weekend and putting it back up for about 7.5k solid. I think it should easily shift at that, i'd take a big hit but it doesn't matter at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

The one on piston heads would work out about 6k to buy and import but its a lot lower in spec and with about 20k on the clock.

I can see myself taking the luggage off at the weekend and putting it back up for about 7.5k solid. I think it should easily shift at that, i'd take a big hit but it doesn't matter at this stage.

I have seen your bike in person and I know how clean it is. And you looked after it you didnt drive around everywhere on the back wheel.:rolleyes:

If I was thinking of buying one I would pay the extra for yours. Hopefully someone will by it who appreciates how clean it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

It's a shame you're leaving the 14 club, KTRIC. GLWS. It has to be priced well the way it is. These bikes get modded heavily so a buyer is bound to see the value. TBH, I'd speak to Lee Honda anyway. My mate was asking them about flogging his bike and it sounded like they are more than fair to private sellers.

Two things- how much do you think you need for the luggage if you remove it? Why did you replace the discs at that mileage? There's a noticeable warp creeping in on my bike but it's a K2with over 20k miles now...

cantdecide wrote: »
    Two things- how much do you think you need for the luggage if you remove it? Why did you replace the discs at that mileage? There's a noticeable warp creeping in on my bike but it's a K2with over 20k miles now...

Drop me a PM about the luggage if you're interested. As you know the stock disks get warped for no reason, mine started and I noticed a slight rub so had them done. No problems since, the new ones are OEM replacements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

aman23 wrote: »

Hahaahahhahahahahahahah :D

Oooh, I'm banned from there :rolleyes: Something to do with me being a mod on here in a past life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

oh well:( always http://www.bikebuyersguide.ie/ and the like.
    best of luck anyway.

aman23 wrote: »
    oh well:( always http://www.bikebuyersguide.ie/ and the like.
    best of luck anyway.

Thanks, didn't know about that site. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Prepare to leave it up a while, unless your bike is going for nothing, bikes aren't really shifting at the moment.
    Have you a link for the donedeal ad? I love those bikes.

As for being banned off biker, everyone gets banned there. I had about 10 usernames banned for pretty much no reason! Probably by you if you were a mod there!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Prepare to leave it up a while, unless your bike is going for nothing, bikes aren't really shifting at the moment.
    Have you a link for the donedeal ad? I love those bikes.

Its in my sig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Oooh, I'm banned from there :rolleyes: Something to do with me being a mod on here in a past life.

I've been banned a few times too, it would be a great site if it were a little friendlier and welcoming.

Best of luck selling the bike, its a cracking looking bike. Someone will get a minter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Its in my sig :)
    Ah, I have sigs turned off!

Just found the bike l want to replace the GSX, reduced it to a steal. See the link in my sig for details.

Just found the bike l want to replace the GSX, reduced it to a steal. See the link in my sig for details.

Just sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Whoever bought that got a beauty for great money. What are you moving onto?

Whoever bought that got a beauty for great money. What are you moving onto?

He did indeed, don't think he knows it though. :rolleyes:

Have my eye a lot bigger and more powerful than the GSX :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

He did indeed, don't think he knows it though. :rolleyes:

Have my eye a lot bigger and more powerful than the GSX :D

Good stuff lad, post up some pics when you have her.

Advertisement