Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a science course with only Biology

• 05-03-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I do French, Biology, Geography and Business and I was wondering how disadvantaged in a Science Course (TCD's, for example) I would be with just Bio.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭jessiblah

Apparently during the first two to four weeks, they cover the whole Leaving Cert course in science courses for all three sciences. I don't do physics so it sounds a bit daunting, but when you think about it, most people there will only be doing one or two science subjects! Not many do three, so everyone will be in the same boat. :)

Not many people actually do chemistry or physics towards biology, so it would be safe to assume you won't be alone! At all the open days I went to, all the colleges said that nobody is put at a disadvantage for not doing all three sciences, and that everyone is at the same standard by the end of the first year.

Also, Geography is starting to be seen as a Science subject (they're allowing it in UCD from 2014 I think), so at least you'll have that too!

Advertisement