Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cliff House Hotel

Options
  • 05-03-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all, Im going to hopefully get a voucher for here for my best friend (like sister) for a wedding present. Now they aren't real foodie ppl and I know the restaurant is Michelin star so I just want to ask for any of you that have stayed there, do you need to be a real foodie to enjoy this hotel? Is it all about the food?? Also is it for all ages? I don't want to get them something and then they feel uncomfortable in it??? Sorry prob stupid questions but when you doing it for somebody else its harder! Esp when we haven't been there ourselves. Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Its quite upmarket, where it is considered very rude not tip the doorman according to my brother in law who coincidently is the doorman. The food is supposed to be the business, I believe they do a very popular tasting menu that doesn't break the bank where one gets a little taste of all offerings on the menu. As for the age group any time I have been there for a drink they have been all ages mingling around the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

O that's super thanks so much for that. It does look amazing so just wanted to check these things first before going ahead with the voucher.....Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Get the voucher...an amazing spot!

Thanks for that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Have had the good luck to stay there, not a bit snooty or over the top foodie. If people so wish, they could eat in the bar, rather than having dinnner in the main restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Have had the good luck to stay there, not a bit snooty or over the top foodie. If people so wish, they could eat in the bar, rather than having dinnner in the main restaurant.

Great view from the tables in the bar as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

its an amazing hotel, thats one lucky person getting the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KarenOBrien

Heard great reviews on this hotel, meant to be a beautiful hotel inside and out with lovely food served and great hospitality. Hope your friend enjoys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I haven eaten there twice... simply incredible. Been in a lot of Mitchelin Star restaurants and this is up there, so adventurous and exciting whereas some places can be very traditional.

Didn't stay as simply not worth the money but the food is amazing. Going again soon!

Everybody thanks for your replies. Im def getting the voucher for there for the present and hopefully might get a stay there myself too before the voucher is used!! Fingers crossed:)
    Thanks again, its great to get feedback

• Advertisement
Advertisement