Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S2S Cycleway - northside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm always curious (and envious) of the people who get to work in the 'burbs.

Must be so relaxing to work in Howth, etc :)

learn wrote: »

Reads like an Onion article

"Area man wants to lower flood defense wall to get better view of the oncoming floods"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dublin City Council know now they got the height of the wall wrong - "The level of reduction in wall height that was agreed was based on independent expert scientific advice obtained by DCC."

https://www.clontarf.ie/news/agreement-to-reduce-wall-height-in-jeopardy

DCC built a wall to the wrong height. Now they are trying to blame the local residents for holding them to account.
    They are still in breach of multiple planning permission conditions relating to the wall... but what does someone like Keegan care?
    He gets paid the same whether he does a bad job or not.

What can we expect when DCC is run by a devious unaccountable head like this? At least Donald Trump had to be elected.

Here's Keegan's most controversial moments:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/owen-keegans-most-controversial-moments-30439289.html

Keegan gets paid the same no matter how many multi million mistakes he makes. We've already spent millions correcting his incompetent mistakes. What's another €500,000?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Is that the worst they have on keegan? I was expecting something interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Here's Keegan's most controversial moments:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/owen-keegans-most-controversial-moments-30439289.html

Keegan gets paid the same no matter how many multi million mistakes he makes. We've already spent millions correcting his incompetent mistakes. What's another €500,000?

I'm happy to say the Indo's definition of 'controversial moments' and my own differ. He brought in clampers to reduce illegal parking? WHAT A MISTAKE! YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HE DID NEXT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

buffalo wrote: »
    I'm happy to say the Indo's definition of 'controversial moments' and my own differ. He brought in clampers to reduce illegal parking? WHAT A MISTAKE! YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT HE DID NEXT

People who get a wall built to protect against realy bad floods, dont want it to protect against really really bad floods...

Is there any plan to give cycling priority at the carparks near Clontarf bus depot or at the causeway road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Just checked out the cycling through clontarf to howth at the weekend. Hadn't been there since before the new paths were laid down. It really is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I cycled home late last night and seems some of the restaurants along the coast are having their customers use it as an overflow car park during the busy Christmas season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

site_owner wrote: »
    I cycled home late last night and seems some of the restaurants along the coast are having their customers use it as an overflow car park during the busy Christmas season.

ffs. what time was that at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

I'd say around 8.30. I reported the reg plates to clontarf gardai, hopefully it won't happen again, and maybe they'll have a word with the business owners (assuming it was customers of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

If this is true, DCC should put some of the DSPS towaway trucks into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you have photos, send them to IBIKEDUBLIN who are trying to beat the Garda's record for cycle lane violations for a whole year in just one week.

https://twitter.com/IBIKEDublin/status/939988676389560320

If you have photos, send them to IBIKEDUBLIN who are trying to beat the Garda's record for cycle lane violations for a whole year in just one week.

https://twitter.com/IBIKEDublin/status/939988676389560320

Cool, perhaps someone wants to submit a photo of the cars parking on the bike lane at the bottom of Sheriff St corner where it meets Guild St.

I'd do it myself but im off the bike till Jan :(

markpb wrote: »
    If this is true, DCC should put some of the DSPS towaway trucks into action.

Start with this joke:

https://twitter.com/CitizenW0lf/status/940943743988969472

Forgot to post about this... anyone else notice they've finally widened the path at the carpark opposite Clontarf village (opposite Belgrove rd)?

No more cars hanging over the bike path! :)

I thought that if they were going to do anything it would be concrete wheel stops, but this works as well.

yeah somehow this thread became the place where it was discussed!

they've also put in place a load of Sheffield stands in that car park, have taken out 3 or 4 car park spaces to accommodate them :)

they've also put in place a load of Sheffield stands in that car park, have taken out 3 or 4 car park spaces to accommodate them :)

Was there a campaign or something to get all this done?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭purcela

mrcheez wrote: »

Was there a campaign or something to get all this done?
    I had emailed Councillor Ciaran Cuffe about this a couple of times and he was very active in getting this work done, so all credit to him. Credit where it is due.

purcela wrote: »
    I had emailed Councillor Ciaran Cuffe about this a couple of times and he was very active in getting this work done, so all credit to him. Credit where it is due.

Cool, I had been in contact with Sean Haughey about getting the section done between Wooden Bridge and the Causeway and he brought it up several times as a result and they finally got their act together.

So credit due there too.

The system works! :cool:

• Advertisement

haha.. they'll probably do a few all-nighters as they did when opening the Bullwall-Causeway stretch

Any idea on the price of using the pool?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Any idea on the price of using the pool?

Last I heard they couldn't afford to open the pool to the general public, so you'd have to use it as a group with your own lifeguard and insurance. That's not the impression I get from the article above though, so maybe it's changed.

Last I heard they couldn't afford to open the pool to the general public, so you'd have to use it as a group with your own lifeguard and insurance. That's not the impression I get from the article above though, so maybe it's changed.

yeah same here on both counts. seems to flip-flop quite regularly.

although this is on their website.
    Our intention is to open the pool for as many people as possible, but it is expensive to run. Therefore, please help us gauge your interest so we can work towards providing this amazing facility to all!

Initially the pool will open to clubs of all varieties who can provide their own insurance and life guards. We are urging clubs to fill in this survey. And anyone else, for now, we urge to contact your local clubs to see if they have signed up as a member of The Baths, and if not, encourage them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I guess we'll wait to see if the baths open at the same time. I had thought about trying to organise a group of people I know to use it at the same time and hire a lifeguard. The insurance part might prove trickier to organise. I think if it doesn't open I might have it try it out after hours.

ick... I'll just spend the bucks and go for Marine Hotel .. expensive but not crowded because of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I like swimming in the sea. I live in Clontarf so the baths would be handy for me every now and then. Swimming from the shelters on Dollymount is tidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

The thing cost a good few million and they can't afford a teenager on minimum wage to sit there for a few hours a day? Hmm, I feel that maybe, just maybe, that's a strategy to get around some of their local obligations.
    On topic, they'd want to improve their access that cuts across the cycle path. It's a mess when it's raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

So where's the 250 car parking spots for this new pub going to be?

Advertisement