Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S2S Cycleway - northside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,767 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

yeah they seem to be doing more work on a couple of the footpaths beside the cycle lane.

right.. just I noticed that sign up each evening when no work is being done.

A potential hazard if I ever saw one.

Will someone think of the millennials with no lights?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

mrcheez wrote: »
    right.. just I noticed that sign up each evening when no work is being done.

A potential hazard if I ever saw one.

Will someone think of the millennials with no lights?!

yeah it's definitely been left there far too long with no work ongoing at times. that said they also recently left their roadworks warning signs in the cycle lane for days on end when all the work they were doing related to footpaths across the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

its really poor at that section, they are redoing a lot of the pedestrian crossings. it looks like a mess today, with signs everyhwere. it goes back to the original design being poor IMO.

also, there is some major works going on further up, they are pulling up the path.

site_owner wrote: »
    its really poor at that section, they are redoing a lot of the pedestrian crossings. it looks like a mess today, with signs everyhwere. it goes back to the original design being poor IMO.

What the hell is that train thing @ 0:30 ??

What the hell is that train thing @ 0:30 ??

its the howth express :) kids love it
    http://www.howthexpress.com/about/

wont be replacing the LUAS anytime soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Some people are so selfish.

466734.jpg

A quick solution there would be to put in yellow boxes. Perhaps another request to send to Sean Haughey?

Raam wrote: »

that's an outrageous level of ignorance. I think a raised crossing table on both sides would be much more beneficial than yellow boxes, would help give additional priority to cyclists as well as discouraging parking like this.

that's an outrageous level of ignorance. I think a raised crossing table on both sides would be much more beneficial than yellow boxes, would help give additional priority to cyclists as well as discouraging parking like this.

Do you have an image of what you mean?

Might be handy to stick in the mail to Sean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

site_owner wrote: »
    Legislation is coming for electric scooters, will be interesting to see what is proposed.

Personally, if it goes above 25km then I think it needs to stay off the track, but I'm ok with throttle controlled stuff. As long as it's driven consideratly but I hope that could go without saying. Petrol driven anything should only be on the road imo.

My main gripe with electric stuff is how little concern seems to be given by the people who have clearly delimited them. They seem have all of attitude of a bad motorist in a rush

I was coming out of town yesterday evening around half four, just past the lights at Kimmage and this guy zoomed by me in a sit down electric scooter in the bike lane.

It was fairly moving and very quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

466734.jpg

Well I'm gona be be " that Friday fool " and be unpopular, warned by mods ( sorry in advance ) but I would have (1) called into baths to complain n not left til the ass hole was called to move car, (2) rang clontarf garda, (3) keyed the drivers door..so sorry, my blood is boiling. Such a clearly dangerous n selfish thing to do..

Tomred13 wrote: »
    Well I'm gona be be " that Friday fool " and be unpopular, warned by mods ( sorry in advance ) but I would have (1) called into baths to complain n not left til the ass hole was called to move car, (2) rang clontarf garda, (3) keyed the drivers door..so sorry, my blood is boiling. Such a clearly dangerous n selfish thing to do..

I'd never damage someone else's property... had to get back to work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But is the driver doing anything wrong? The cycle lane has stopped at that point and no yellow lines.

Of course it is selfish but is it more down to bad design and planning. That is the people to be annoyed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But is the driver doing anything wrong? The cycle lane has stopped at that point and no yellow lines.

Of course it is selfish but is it more down to bad design and planning. That is the people to be annoyed at.

100% agree, technically nothing wrong with what has been done, but it highlights the problem perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I know it may not have been the case today but customers to the The Baths are not responsible for all of the shoddy parking there. I have seen people park there to go for walks along the promenade, call in to houses across the road and go to GAA matches in Scoil Ui Chonaill.

If all the other car parks in the area are Pay n' Display then it is obvious that a free car park nearby would be abused.

would either of these apply?
    (2) A vehicle shall not be parked—
    ( c ) within 5 metres of a road junction;
    ( k ) in a manner in which it will interfere with the normal flow of traffic or which obstructs or endangers other traffic;

Do you have an image of what you mean?

Might be handy to stick in the mail to Sean.

let me have a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

I'd never damage someone else's property... had to get back to work anyway.

Hi Raam, so sorry, I wasn't saying you would do such a thing..your a gentleman and a scholar as my cavan friend would say. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

466734.jpg

I assume you used your CX skills to portage your bike across the bonnet?

Tomred13 wrote: »
    Hi Raam, so sorry, I wasn't saying you would do such a thing..your a gentleman and a scholar as my cavan friend would say. ☺

I doff my top-hat to you, good sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

I emailed Ciarán Cuffe about the state of the cycleway at 'The Baths' on Friday and he forwarded my query to Senior Exec. Engineer with responsibility for this. Ciaran forwarded me the response this morning.
    I refer to your email of Friday 23rd November 2018 inquiring on progress on proposals to improve safety for cyclists at the entrances to Clontarf Baths. The Environment and Transportation Department has engaged with the Developer over the last six weeks with a view to arriving at a mutually acceptable solution. Agreement in principle has been reached on how to improve the entrances and the cycle track along the site frontage. We are now awaiting a final decision from the Developer. The Developer has advised that they intend to have a final solution, incorporating their compliance submission by 4th December 2018.

In other words, don't hold your breath. Cannot, for the life of me, understand how a timescale for the resolution of this was not included in the planning authorisation. They did enough of that for the pool that nobody uses - why not for the heavily utilised cycleway?

Also thanks to Ciaran Cuffe for his customary quick response.

let me have a look...

delayed reaction but this has some examples, including the cover page.

Yeah, it was a startling poor oversight to leave this out of the planning process. How nobody could see that this was going to impact a major piece of infrastructure and its use is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Yeah, it was a startling poor oversight to leave this out of the planning process. How nobody could see that this was going to impact a major piece of infrastructure and its use is beyond me.

I'd say, much like the disappearing requirement for the pool, the millionaire developers will find a way to smooth things over.

the millionaire developers will find a way to smooth things over.

and then dig it up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

How nobody could see that this was going to impact a major piece of infrastructure and its use is beyond me.

Major infrastructure is roads for de cars. naught else!

"Hey, there are too many of those fecking cyclists on the road, not paying insurance or motor tax."
    "Sure why don't we built them a cycle path, loads of space there on the seafront, and gets them the hell out of my way. Bloddy mamils, all doped up on EPO sure"
    "Great, but lets build it and then make it usable. That'll teach those fecking tax dodgers. Sure I saw one of them break a red light when I was in my car the other day. Was going to take a video of it but I was texting at the time"

if anyone dropped their gloves on the track this morning PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

The Developer has advised that they intend to have a final solution

That's a bit much, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Just back in from a walk, passed an adult on a dirt bike driving up the cycle lane at Blackbanks, very busy with cyclists and walkers/runners.

Clown !

Advertisement