Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to drop put of college , advice needed ! :)

Options
  • 05-03-2013 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So i am in my second year and last year in college studying canine grooming, i did my first year in dublin where i live and for the second year i moved to Cork. There is a very big waiting list for the college in cork so i waited a year on the waiting list after first year and took up a small handy full time job which i loved! I got accepted into college this year and i was so enthusiastic. My mind changed quickly when college wasn't as fun as it was the first year. I couldnt find a job to support me so moved into my Nans house an hour away from college , i started to really not like the college and it wasnt what i thought it was going to be. I dunno if it was laziness after taken the year out but i just couldnt keep up with college work anymore , i started to skip classes and i am now in a rut, I was told i failed one of my classes and i am on the edge of failing another one, i cant keep up with the work now as i am far behind. i want to give up. I only have two months left in college so it seems a waste to drop out now but i have pretty much failed and i am not going to get my full cert for grooming so it seems pointless to me to be struggling along down here , i am just really not happy down here at all i still haven't settled and i go home every week when i can. I need some advice on what to do! Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Can't you just repeat the class or two you fail next year? You can attempt to find in job again in summer and just attend the classes you missed(not much to attend is it?). Better to get the qualification than not. Especially now that you're so close to completing..

imo anyway...you should just try for the next two months, pass what you can....then repeat the things you fail next year. You will have a much easier year with much less classes, and it'll be worth it in the end. Going to college and dropping out is much worse than going and getting a certificate...in any employers mind.

God i'm tired!

Advertisement