Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta Neos

Options
  • 05-03-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen or owned or used a beretta neos? if so what was it like?
    here is a picture of the pistol in question:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpm0uhcRae9H3J7Hslw3QCY0OJRbKc9ICKZsvzlEeZyAGsMZ66fw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Jesus christ my eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That is remarkably ugly, and I say that as someone who thought the Matchguns MG2 was a good-looking pistol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Sparks wrote: »
    That is remarkably ugly, and I say that as someone who thought the Matchguns MG2 was a good-looking pistol...

I would buy one in a heart beat if I could get it in before mrs liffey copped on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

There is one for sale in Hilltop, go up and be tempted ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

tommyboy26,
    I am in thinking myself about getting a pistol.

I thought about the Neos, but went with the P22, after some trouble, Walther replaced the original pistol with another that works well. Still, I would not recommend the P22 and would still stay away from the Neos.

Right now I am looking at getting one of the Ruger Mk series, of which I have heard nothing but good things. Here are a few that I am considering: (1) Target Pistol, (2) Hunter, (3) Deluxe, or the (4) 22/45.

Other names that have a great following - Hammerli and Buckmark.

The Neos is a bit too "niche" for my liking.

Have you considered a 22 revolver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

FISMA wrote: »
    tommyboy26,
    I am in thinking myself about getting a pistol.

I thought about the Neos, but went with the P22, after some trouble, Walther replaced the original pistol with another that works well. Still, I would not recommend the P22 and would still stay away from the Neos.

Right now I am looking at getting one of the Ruger Mk series, of which I have heard nothing but good things. Here are a few that I am considering: (1) Target Pistol, (2) Hunter, (3) Deluxe, or the (4) 22/45.

Other names that have a great following - Hammerli and Buckmark.

The Neos is a bit too "niche" for my liking.

Have you considered a 22 revolver?

After alot of research on the internet i got the impression that the neos was a good pistol for plinking and practice which is not wahat i want so i came across this and it caught my eye its a browning buckmark contour urx.

http://browning.eu/products/mresult.php?group1=3&group2=2&submod=A-BMCONTO

i never really liked the standard buckmark as i think its not a nice looking pistol. yes yes it probably is a fantastic pistol to shoot but if it doesnt look pleasing to the eye i just wouldnt enjoy shooting it. so the contour looks very nice and from all the reviews i have read it seems to be as good if not better than the standard buckmark. it comes in a 5.5" and 7.25" barrel. its hard to decide on a pistol without holding it in your hand to see if it fits and if you like it but unfortunatly thats how irish law works.
    i did find one on www.triebel.de
    http://triebel-shop.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=64&products_id=30360

seems to be a good price im just waiting on a email back to see how i go about buying it and the cost of importation.

tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Rosahane wrote: »
    There is one for sale in Hilltop, go up and be tempted ��

the one in hilltop is in with supplier in england:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

The Ruger 22/45 is supposed to be a great gun, Only problem being awkward to strip and reassemble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

cw67irl wrote: »
    Only problem being awkward to strip and reassemble

Nah , see the video link half way down the page below.

http://majesticarms.com/id10.html

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Norinco

i never really liked the standard buckmark as i think its not a nice looking pistol. yes yes it probably is a fantastic pistol to shoot but if it doesnt look pleasing to the eye i just wouldnt enjoy shooting it. so the contour looks very nice and from all the reviews i have read it seems to be as good if not better than the standard buckmark. it comes in a 5.5" and 7.25" barrel. its hard to decide on a pistol without holding it in your hand to see if it fits and if you like it but unfortunatly thats how irish law works.
    i did find one on www.triebel.de
    http://triebel-shop.com/product_info...ducts_id=30360

seems to be a good price im just waiting on a email back to see how i go about buying it and the cost of importation.

Hi Tommy
    I'm lookin for buckmark urx,any luck in triebel-shop? or do you know where to buy here in Ireland?Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Range River mountain in tallaght sell them but they don't have them in stock they import them from Germany.

Harbour Guns also have them outside Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Guys I just want to give you what I see about the buckmarks, I know 2 guys who have them and every time I shoot with these guys they always have bother, malfunctions and fail to fires, they seem to be ammo sensitive and temperamental guns. I had to spend a few euros more and bought a Hammerli, and very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Norinco

Will check them ,thanks for d info. guys

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Guys I just want to give you what I see about the buckmarks, I know 2 guys who have them and every time I shoot with these guys they always have bother, malfunctions and fail to fires, they seem to be ammo sensitive and temperamental guns. I had to spend a few euros more and bought a Hammerli, and very pleased with it.

I've put a lot of ammo through a Buckmark. It will go 400-500 rounds before needing cleaning. The biggest nuisance is the mounting screws securing the strap on the top of the gun, they will loosen after 50 rounds causing the rearsight to move slightly and cycling issues also. A small dab of threadlock sorts that out. Dryfiring a Buckmark is bad news, a mark forms on the side of the chamber and causes sticky extraction in time.
    All in all I like the Buckmark, feels good in the hand and a decent trigger (check out the 'Heggis flip').

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Yeah I got them sorted with the trigger , it makes a nice job, and one has bother with the mounting strap screw working loose, he was having a lot of FTF's and I googled and saw the strap coming up a lot , and turned out it was loose.

Advertisement