Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club for late 30's...Bowery or Bodega

Options
  • 05-03-2013 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Happily returning to Cork for the weekend with my wife and another 2 couples. Fairly familiar with pubs and restaurants but haven't been in a nightclub in Cork in a loooooong time, probably Sir Henrys!

What would ye recommend, we're all heading for 40 age wise! How much do both charge in, are they late bars etc...

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

The bowery is good. Bodega sucks balls. Never enjoyed a night in the bodega

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    Happily returning to Cork for the weekend with my wife and another 2 couples. Fairly familiar with pubs and restaurants but haven't been in a nightclub in Cork in a loooooong time, probably Sir Henrys!

What would ye recommend, we're all heading for 40 age wise! How much do both charge in, are they late bars etc...

Cheers guys
    Definitely bodega/woodford/crane lane for your age!

The Bodega though is pay in after 11.30 on Friday and Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Try out VooDoo it's opening Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Definitely bodega/woodford/crane lane for your age!

The Bodega though is pay in after 11.30 on Friday and Saturday!

Thanks!!!! I think!!! :) Bowery similarly priced etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Thanks!!!! I think!!! :) Bowery similarly priced etc?
    IMO bowery is more towards 25 to 35(max) I was in there on Saturday and that was definitely the maximum upper end. Bowery is 10euro entry on a Saturday and 8 on a Friday.
    Good rum bar for special offers.
    Rest of the drink is on the upper end of the scale seeing as you already have to pay for entry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Rest of the drink is on the upper end of the scale seeing as you already have to pay for entry!

The Bowery is only a club though - you always have to pay for entry to clubs. There are definitely older than 35 in there too. I would have thought the Bodega was more a younger crowd to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You could just get a bag of cans and a few vowels and and have a vigil outside where henrys was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

.red. wrote: »
    You could just get a bag of cans and a few vowels and and have a vigil outside where henrys was.

Or, According to the Echo, they could just go to the Savoy this weekend.

f2fbf8f8-41a8-4d0a-ab9c-c7e18ad7fa2a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I've never had a bad night in Savoy. The place is fab since they done it up. Only on a Friday/Saturday though, weekdays are student nights and best avoided unless that's what your into.

Never had a good night in the Bodega.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thanks for suggestions! Where's the Savoy? Had a look at the Bowery website, it looks swish!

• Advertisement

Thanks for suggestions! Where's the Savoy? Had a look at the Bowery website, it looks swish!

Go to the Bowery - it's the best night club in Cork - 4 different rooms including the roof which serves pizza :-) and there's all ages there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Its on Patrick Street, across from Debenhams/Merchants Quay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

leahyl wrote: »
    Go to the Bowery - it's the best night club in Cork - 4 different rooms including the roof which serves pizza :-) and there's all ages there

they serve Pizza up on top? never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

Went to the Bogega a few years back and went for a squirt, blokes in the jacks queing up to fix their hair in the mirrors :eek:, promptly went out, supped up and left..place was full of vain people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

gifted wrote: »
    Went to the Bogega a few years back and went for a squirt, blokes in the jacks queing up to fix their hair in the mirrors :eek:, promptly went out, supped up and left..place was full of vain people :rolleyes:

Man this place is shocking..Full of either posers or twats...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

leahyl wrote: »
    Go to the Bowery ..... and there's all ages there

There's a bar at the front for the oldies where they play different music to what's on out in the club. The chill out room downstairs is somewhere inbetween. I much prefer the Bowery to any other club in Cork.

I wonder if I'm one of those posers everybody's giving out about..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Ive always had good nights in the bodega,havent been to the bowery but friends have been and not liked it.

they serve Pizza up on top? never knew that!

Well they used to anyway (it's not free though!) but I haven't been looking for it recently so I'm not sure if they still do it. They had this pizza oven up there - it might be earlier in the night they serve it, like for the first hour and a half or something.

Advertisement