Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend any decent Gym at reasonable price around city centre?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am a student who living in Bolton st. I am looking to join a gym. I am wondering if there is any decent Gym with swimming pool nearby? not more than 10mins walk from Bolton st with reasonable price for student? Please give me some suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

no swimming pool but the hercules just off bolton street is very good for weights and fitness

30e membership once off fee and 85e per 3 months

basement gym on north frederick street -15e per week or 5e per session -no swimming pool- weights mainly and some cardio

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

No pool but there's Ben Dunnes in Jervis Street, €200 for a year, €185 per person if 2 people join together.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Crunch Fitness is a really nice gym with a great pool, however it's quite pricey...was around the €400 mark last year for me but I'm not s student...they probably do student rates I'd imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It's a bit closer to a 20 minute walk, but the Markievicz Leisure Centre on Townsend Street might be good. It's a Council leisure centre, and you can pay as you go or else pay membership. Not sure if they do discounts for students but you can check on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

xiuzhen wrote: »
    not more than 10mins walk from Bolton st with reasonable price for student? Please give me some suggestions.
    Am I the only one finding that a bit funny, that you don't want to walk any distance to it?

Someone mentioned Crunch, it's a nice gym but a very small pool. One Escape in Smithfiled is decent and has a good sized pool that said it's that bit more pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Gillo wrote: »
    Am I the only one finding that a bit funny, that you don't want to walk any distance to it?

Someone mentioned Crunch, it's a nice gym but a very small pool. One Escape in Smithfiled is decent and has a good sized pool that said it's that bit more pricey.

Dunno about you, but I'm barely able to walk as far as my car after the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

If you're a DIT student then the DIT gym in Kevin Street would be very cheap for you. About 20 mins walk from Bolton Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Or if you're a DCU or Trinity student, both have Gyms also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

MarkMc wrote: »

Dunno about you, but I'm barely able to walk as far as my car after the gym
    Yeah yesterday was leg day, I spent all day today in agony. I usually got the steam room for about 15 minutes just to refresh and rest after a session and that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement