Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Cancel Emobile Account In Writing As Opposed to By Telephone?

Options
  • 05-03-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I want to cancel my Emobile account.  My 12 month contract has expired.

My preference is to cancel the account in writing as opposed to over the telephone.  

Can somebody from Emobile please provide me with an email address or a postal address to which I can send a registered letter.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

strongback wrote: »

My preference is to cancel the account in writing as opposed to over the telephone.  

Can somebody from Emobile please provide me with an email address or a postal address to which I can send a registered letter.
    Hi strongback,

The process for cancelling an eMobile bill pay account is you have to call an agent in our cancellation team who processes your request to cancel your account. The agent then takes your 30 days notice. Once this is processed you then have to send a written request.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

re cancelling eMobile

I phoned emobile to cancel my contract, I was told its not done by phone....told to go to Emobile website to cancel through there! 
    I asked where on website? I was just fobbed off and told "look up website", then the call ended!

This is insulting to say the least, Eircom want paying customers but refuse to allow you to cancel!

Would the Eircom reps on here be bothered to explain how its done?!

I also want to cancel by Eircom  broadband (due to moving house/other issues etc). I phoned call centre, staff member proceeded to interrogate me as to "why do you want to cancel???"
    I politely told him Im moving house, to which his answer was  "why don't you tell me new people moving in, so to keep the landline in the new persons name???"
    He refused to take No for an answer and demanded to know why I wanted to close the account, apparently according to him, Eircom are such a great company!!! etc,etc,etc!! He refused to explain how to cancel and eventually I just hung up the call, as I was getting nowhere!

So, Eircom reps on here....do tell me how to cancel my Eircom fixed line broadband??? And my eMobile account???

I'll hold my breath!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

strongback wrote: »

Hi strongback,

The process for cancelling an eMobile bill pay account is you have to call an agent in our cancellation team who processes your request to cancel your account. The agent then takes your 30 days notice. Once this is processed you then have to send a written request.

Grainne
    Can you state please where the cancellation procedure is in your Terms and Conditions?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

re cancelling eMobile

I phoned emobile to cancel my contract, I was told its not done by phone....told to go to Emobile website to cancel through there! 
    I asked where on website? I was just fobbed off and told "look up website", then the call ended!

This is insulting to say the least, Eircom want paying customers but refuse to allow you to cancel!

I also want to cancel by Eircom  broadband (due to moving house/other issues etc). I phoned call centre, staff member proceeded to interrogate me as to "why do you want to cancel???"
    I politely told him Im moving house, to which his answer was  "why don't you tell me new people moving in, so to keep the landline in the new persons name???"
    He refused to take No for an answer and demanded to know why I wanted to close the account, apparently according to him, Eircom are such a great company!!! etc,etc,etc!! He refused to explain how to cancel and eventually I just hung up the call, as I was getting nowhere!

So, Eircom reps on here....do tell me how to cancel my Eircom fixed line broadband??? And my eMobile account???

I'll hold my breath!!
    "7.2 Subject to the provisions of clause 7.3, this Agreement may be terminated by either party 
    on one-month’s written notice to the other"

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/standard_eircom_broadband_terms_and_conditions.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dub45 wrote: »
    re cancelling eMobile

I'll hold my breath!!
    "7.2 Subject to the provisions of clause 7.3, this Agreement may be terminated by either party 
    on one-month’s written notice to the other"

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/standard_eircom_broadband_terms_and_conditions.pdf
    Thanks dub45

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement