Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tea and Coffee should be banned

• 05-03-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Tea and Coffee containing caffeine should be illegal because caffeine is a psychoactive drug !
    Anyone can buy this powerful drug in shops and supermarkets in Ireland by buying tea, coffee and energy drinks that contain caffeine .
    Everytime i go out to see people in their houses in this country they offer me a cup of tea or coffee containing this psychoactive drug - caffeine !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I live on energy drinks...if they were banned Id have to actually sleep sometime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Tea and Coffee containing caffeine should be illegal because caffeine is a psychoactive drug !
    Anyone can buy this powerful drug in shops and supermarkets in Ireland by buying tea, coffee and energy drinks that contain caffeine .
    Everytime i go out to see people in their houses in this country they offer me a cup of tea or coffee containing this psychoactive drug - caffeine !

You, Sir, are a Social Deviant and sicken me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ban orgasms................they make people happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I survive on coffee, must be the drug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

In fairness a cup of tea never hurt anyone. if anything cups of tea are the only thing holding this country together.

Leave tea out of this :'[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

This was a Party Political broadcast on behalf of the Bland Party, supported by Mitt Romney and Steve 'interesting' Davis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

What about when they make you cry?

HondaSami wrote: »
    What about when they make you cry?

Happy tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

OP are you attempting to draw attention to the hypocritical attitudes towards nicotine and caffeine by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Eh no... I like Raze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

worst high ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Report your granny for dealing drugs OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ah, sure...will ye have a cup anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll make a killing smuggling the stuff in from the UK.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Thanks for reminding me, gonna have a nice cup of tea now :D

You've been watching Demolition Man again haven't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Allan Blandford

In fairness a cup of tea never hurt anyone. if anything cups of tea are the only thing holding this country together.

Leave tea out of this :'[

Not true, people who give up drinking tea go through severe withdrawal symptoms :
    https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ehow.com%2Fabout_5082705_symptoms-severe-caffeine-withdrawal.html&ei=yms2UfDKHa_14QTS3ICwCA&usg=AFQjCNHtCkFIQH44tijQ_jHmpR4qyuFOZQ&bvm=bv.43287494,d.bGE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Lars1916 wrote: »

Don't make it too strong. You might O.D. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

GTFO op. Talking scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Become a hermit .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Ban tea? Irish card revoked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Lars1916 wrote: »
    seconded,dont think this troll thread is turning out the way OP thought itd go, in the same way people complaining about contreversial computer games only go and get people interested in them.
    plus this thread has just reminded that have actualy got some decent tea in [yall missin out in ireland;yorkshire tea is liquid gold].:cool:

GTFO op. Talking scutter.
    No, you GTFO .
    Why are other psychoactive drugs illegal and caffeine is not !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

That ridiculous head shops law they brought in the other year presumably proscribed caffeine, given it just referred to unnamed 'psychoactive' drugs. Along with nutmeg, banana skins and a load of other things the Gardai have more sense/too lazy to prosecute the sale of.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

A tea-less life is no life at all :eek: Get out, blasphemer! We don't want your kind here.

All yous must not know what caffeine does to the brain .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's procreation, not recreation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I don't like tea or coffee myself. When I go to other peoples houses and get offered a cup I always say I don't drink tea and I usually get a funny look. A non tea drinker in this country seems to be even more weird than someone who doesn't drink alcohol. And when you say you don't drink tea they always offer you a cup of milk instead. Wtf is that all about? :confused:

• Advertisement

Caffeine is a drug, it messes up your head and your life . Give it up. Why not !

Caffeine is a drug, it messes up your head and your life . Give it up. Why not !

Why not? How else am I going to wash down the acid and ecstasy?

All yous must not know what caffeine does to the brain .

It's a mild stimulant, why should it be banned?

I've actually stopped drinking "normal" tea for the most part, instead opting to drink herbal ones instead and I've noticed a change in my mood and general head-clearness.

Why not? How else am I going to wash down the acid and ecstasy?

Nettle or Dandelion tea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Coffee I can live without, though I do love a good cup.

But try take away my tea and I will Fuck. You. Up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

Disregarding alcohol in this argument is akin to ignoring a nuclear bomb going off in your back yard while someone is giving you paper-cuts and pouring lemon juice on them.

P_1 wrote: »
    It's a mild stimulant, why should it be banned?
    I said in the first post , because it is a psychoactive drug , it does something to the brain , most other psychoactive drugs are illegal .

Are you going to suggest that we ban alcohol too? It's far worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I loooooooove coffee and I even take caffeine supplements to get that extra buzz going :D

I said in the first post , because it is a psychoactive drug , it does something to the brain , most other psychoactive drugs are illegal .

So what if it does stuff to your brain, it's your brain and you can do whatever you want to it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Conspiracy forum is around here if you look hard enough.

They think vaccinations are trying to kill you so you should fit in right at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

What does it do to the brain?

Beautiful women do something to my brain, should we ban them?

In fact, everything we sense arguably does something to the brain: maybe we should just ban reality to be safe. You certainly seem to have an issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

If it opened peoples minds, was safe and could be grown at home, was no good to big corporations, could be used as alternative fuel, made superior clothing and building materials and did no harm to the environment then they would ban it!

Making things that people want illegal is a great way for a power to arrest certain people.

Karsini wrote: »
    Are you going to suggest that we ban alcohol too? It's far worse.

I don't mind because I drink de-alcoholised wine , so yes we will ban alcohol as well .

According to repeated medical studies conducted by teams of researchers for The Lancet medical journal, alcohol and nicotine are among the most socially and physiologically damaging substances that exist.
    Therefore, on strict medical grounds, we should ban both and legalise cannabis, ecstasy and LSD to facilitate harm reduction. As for caffeine, toxic levels are effectively impossible to ingest.

Stark wrote: »
    It's procreation, not recreation.

Tomato, potato

I don't mind because I drink de-alcoholised wine , so yes we will ban alcohol as well .

The last time that was tried it didn't work. At all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sethasaurus

Hey, OP, your hemp skirt is undone

;)

All this protectionist nonsense should be banned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement